Boba Fett solo film "in pre-production"

Exodus

I just realized-- they can do this, then give us a Good Guy Boba Fett... Then at the end somebody else (or the original Boba that survived) does the same thing to him and we go back to bad guy boba fett for The OT!

Actually, didn't this happen in the EU? Haven't they had to retconning his original more than once? I know with AOTC they retconneda. Lot of boba back stories to being Jango back stories... But I feel like prior to that they gave some back story a bump and said it was some other dude in a copy set of armor.

It's the Spider-Man clone saga all over again!

They don't need to make Boba a good guy, simply have someone pay him a bounty to take out a bad guy.

I don't think they'd do an origin movie considering we've got all the pertinent information from AOTC and TCW.

And yeah, you're right about the TCW going to into grey areas. I supposed it wouldn't be much different from the fact that they present a lot of the clones in TCW with stand out personalities. Cody is as big of a hero as any of the Jedi and yet there's zero pathos shown in ROTS when he flips and tries to kill Obi-Wan.

Of course, that's because Lucas might be that cut and dry black and white guy, and Dave Filoni told a more nuanced story. If the new movies went in that direction I wouldn't be sad.

This sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard.

What does? The movies they already made? I agree!

I just realized-- they can do this, then give us a Good Guy Boba Fett... Then at the end somebody else (or the original Boba that survived) does the same thing to him and we go back to bad guy boba fett for The OT!

Actually, didn't this happen in the EU? Haven't they had to retconning his original more than once? I know with AOTC they retconneda. Lot of boba back stories to being Jango back stories... But I feel like prior to that they gave some back story a bump and said it was some other dude in a copy set of armor.

They don't need to make Boba a good guy, simply have someone pay him a bounty to take out a bad guy.

I'd agree with you, but Star Wars is still technically for kids, I don't see Lucasfilm or Disney wanting to do a movie with an antihero.

I don't think they'd do an origin movie considering we've got all the pertinent information from AOTC and TCW.

And yeah, you're right about the TCW going to into grey areas. I supposed it wouldn't be much different from the fact that they present a lot of the clones in TCW with stand out personalities. Cody is as big of a hero as any of the Jedi and yet there's zero pathos shown in ROTS when he flips and tries to kill Obi-Wan.

Of course, that's because Lucas might be that cut and dry black and white guy, and Dave Filoni told a more nuanced story. If the new movies went in that direction I wouldn't be sad.

This sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard.

What does? The movies they already made? I agree!

I'd agree with you, but Star Wars is still technically for kids, I don't see Lucasfilm or Disney wanting to do a movie with an antihero.

Yeah, but it is also possible we are taking the definition of "Boba Fett" movie too narrowly. They can invent a new character or use an existing character to balance out Boba.

I actually don't get the PT Boba/Jango hate. I liked what was presented there, but then I had abandoned the EU at that point so...

Maybe the fact that Boba Fett was more interested (because of less info) in the OT, and because he was done better in many EU appearances, despite them being, uh, EU?

:eek:

I ****ing hate the casting of Temuera Morrison as Jango. And the use of his shitty New Zealand Maori accent. ****ing damn near ruined PT and the updated OT on blu ray for me.

I guess it's cause I hate New Zealand accents, having lived there for 24 years. And every time I hear young Boba on komino say "Oh yup, I'll just get 'im... daaaaaad" I wanna take an axe to the TV.

But as I say, it's cause I've grown up listening to those accents. It'd be the equivalent of recasting the emperors accent into a really bad cockney geezer accent, or changing the voice of someone like Annakin into a stereotypical hillbilly accent, or stereotypical gangsta rapper with no ambition in life accent.

Guest El Chalupacabra

As long as they don't reference his origin in AOTC, and they have a good script, who cares if Boba is a clone or not?

This has as much of a reason to be as a Sulu film in the Trek universe.

Yeah, not an A-list character at all.

The Boba Fett movie may or may not turn out to suck, but it is WAY too early to condemn it right now. I think Boba Fett has all kinds of potential to be an A-lister, and not just carry one movie, but sequels. There is all kinds of story potential, from jedi hunter to occasionally being hired as a mercenary for the early rebels, and any dirty bounty hunter job in between for just about anyone. The thing I fear most is "kid friendly up" Boba Fett and making said film too childish. As long as there's a decent script, that is about the only way to ruin Fett for me.

Well, they sort of did this for the Bounty Hunter video game with Jango Fett. But just because a character is a protag in a movie, doesn't make that character necessarily a "good guy." I think if Boba Fett is portrayed more like Hondo or Cad Bane was in TCW, that would be sufficient. Those guys are definitely BAD guys, yet depending on the situation, you root for them. This is how Boba Fett should be portrayed.

(Though I´d watch a movie starring Garak from DS9 about 500 times I guess...)

It's possible you (or others) are unfamiliar with the excellent DS9 novel A Stitch In Time and if so I'd just like to mention it here. It receives my strongest recommendation; it might actually stand as the ur-exemplar of a tie-in novel of such quality that it transcends the usual order of association with its franchise. Which is to say this : I would recommend that people unfamiliar with the Garak character watch DS9 in order to be able to read the novel rather than merely saying those familiar with the Garak character will be the ones to enjoy it.

• 4 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.