Star Wars Rebels Youtube updates

Doze

• 1 month later...

the new droid called C1-1OP who is also known as "Chopper" from the upcoming Star Wars Rebels animated series. The official site recently posted a live-action picture of Chopper.

The official site recently posted a live-action picture of Chopper. Notice the gentleman with a camera in the background of the image below. Dave Filoni has stated previously that there will be a continuity between the Rebels animated series and Episode VII. Perhaps this is our first clue to that fact.

Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer Simon Kinberg for an interview. Kinberg stated that: "We took all our cues from the original films. Obviously there are slight tonal differences between New Hope, Empire and Jedi. But I think the closest intended voice of the show is A New Hope. So there are places where we get into darker backstories, there are places we see how cruel and malevolent the Empire can be, but for the most part it’s a fun and character-driven story."

Can you say plot-wise what’s the inciting incident that kicks off your story in your first episode?

Um, I’m going to be a little vague about it. It’s less because I want to be secretive but more because part of the fun for me, and I know this will sound very nostalgic, part of the fun of the original movies is not knowing too much about it. I will say when we pick up the show when the Empire is in power and the inciting incident is the Empire doing their bad-Empire thing and our heroes meeting up.

Entire article: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/23/star-wars-rebels-interview/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave Filoni said, "I think that we all agree what we liked about the Force in the original films was it was a less-is-more scenario." This less grandiose presentation of Force powers is to be expected given that the Jedi have been almost exterminated and anyone using the Force in a major way would draw the attention of the Inquisitors.

• 3 months later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Was that Obi-Wan?

If this is supposed to be Obi Wan, it appears to me modeled more after a younger Alec Guiness instead of an older Ewan McGregor, or at least a blending of the two, as opposed to TCW version. Kinda weird because I now think of McGregor as Obi Wan these days.

• 2 weeks later...

SDCC: Star Wars Rebels Clips Released Online

Kinda surprised with the first clip and how the TIE is depicted. I want to think it contradicts Johnston's original design from one of the earlier sketchbooks but then it also matches the classic toy.

The second clip I'm pleased how they can still come up with ways to make laser swords cool. I'm not sure the practicality of the Inquisitor's features but it looks neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.