Ant-Man

Exodus

• 2 months later...

New rumors, not spoilers, but rumors of...

...young Pym, Agent Carter, Howard Stark, captured Zola, and Alexander Pierce all in a SHIELD thinktank of sorts during a flashback scene. It is suggested that something rubs Pym the wrong way so he takes his Pym particles and goes home.

Execution of said rumors pending, I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so stoked for this film. The classic superheroes geek in me wishes it was Hank and Janet, but I'm still excited.

I hadn't heard that rumour, but it makes sense. They (sort of) need to have some reason Pym hasn't come up in conversation yet in the other MCU films.

Yes, I know. They could have written Hank as being in the same age range as the other Avengers, or even younger if they wanted to. I'm saying this rumour makes sense to me. It's a decent explanation of why Pym wouldn't have been mentioned thus far in the series (if we can call it a series).

I think it was a story decision made early on, Hank as a contemporary to the Avengers may not have worked on film for a few of reasons:

- there are already two Avengers that are super-genius scientists whose hero-ness comes as a result of said science

- it would be incredibly easy for the main stream media to pick up on the wife-beater angle and ruin things before the movie came out

- with Ultron specifically, we've already seen Tony with an established AI

None of these things would bother comic fans, but from a mass-audience perspective, Scott Lang's origin as starting off as a thief offers up a character origin and motivation we haven't seen yet with the MCU.

I like this way of doing it-- make him old, with regrets, be a mentor-- have the new hero be young and fun. Plus we get two ant men for the price of one

• 4 months later...

I can pay $4 for a matinee at the haunted single screen cinema in my hometown.

on point- No interest in Ant-Man at all, my little bit of exposure to him is from the Ultimate universe and he seemed like a misogynistic asshole in those books so... I'll be seeing it, but only because it's Marvel.

on point- No interest in Ant-Man at all, my little bit of exposure to him is from the Ultimate universe and he seemed like a misogynistic ***hole in those books so... I'll be seeing it, but only because it's Marvel.

That Ant-Man was Hank Pym, which in this film is Old Man Withers. Rudd plays a much more marketable rogue type called Scott Lang.

The real news here is that we have confirmation that Lucas is a time traveller in that he only pays $5 for a movie theater ticket.

Word.

I pretty much only go on weekdays that I have off, and often before noon. I love a good 10AM showing at the theater. I get irritated when people try to make plans to see a movie on a Friday/Saturday night because UGH PEOPLE.

I'll make exceptions every once in a while for midnight showings or whatever (X-Men DoFP back in May... Dark Knight Rises before that I think), but weekday matinees are where it's at.

on point- No interest in Ant-Man at all, my little bit of exposure to him is from the Ultimate universe and he seemed like a misogynistic ***hole in those books so... I'll be seeing it, but only because it's Marvel.

That Ant-Man was Hank Pym, which in this film is Old Man Withers. Rudd plays a much more marketable rogue type called Scott Lang.

Oh. Well, then!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.