Ant-Man

Exodus

Ladies and gentleman, I present...

YELLOWJACKET!!! http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/styles/tout_image_612x380/public/i/2015/04/09/smp-ant-man_0.jpg?itok=BJdCYMGX

I love it. This was not going to be an easy character to pull off in live action, but they made a suit that looks frickin' badass and, yet, draws enough from the comics that you can still tell who it's supposed to be. The more I see and hear, the more eager I am for this film to come out. In a relatively short time, this movie has gone from being an Edgar Wright movie I was dreading to adding Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly, changing tone, and being a movie I'm pretty excited about. Thank you, Marvel!!! :hail:

Anyone else getting an Ultron vibe?

Also something I was thinking about; If this Ant-Man can "talk to" and control ants like the comics, we could assume that Ant-Man has figured out how to make the ants think he's a she and the queen... if so technicnally this could make Ant-Man the first trans-gender trans-species superhero.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have had mixed feelings on this since Edgar Wright left, but a friend got to go to a press screening recently and thought it was right up there with the best of the Marvel's - lots of good humour, which you would expect with all those that have been involved at one time or another in the writing.

Oh and the mid and post credits scenes are supposed to be proper rather than the jokey ones we have had in the last few films.

So, I'm looking forward to catching this at the weekend!

Driver, or anyone that knows, there was talk about the audacity Disney had relieving Wright from the chair and then we'd find out how much Wright was left in the film (and how much they actually liked him) by the credits. Wright was featured several times; script, story, producer (exec, I think). Sometimes with 'and' other times with '&'. So I was wondering what kind of juicy juice was revealed in how the credits were done?

I really liked this film. Good fun. I felt a little old though, the action was dizzying at times. I was thinking back in my day the hero stood still and punched people, gadnamit.

What, the 1950s? :p

So...awesome movie was awesome! I liked the nod to AoU and the

Falcon cameo

, was not expecting to see any Avengers in this!

Tales to Astonish! :D

I liked how even though the main character and villain had tech to make them small, the possibility of the technology getting out had big ramifications for the world. The fights were a lot of fun to watch, best being the one in Cassie's room at the end. I'm hoping that we get to see

Wasp

in the next Cap movie. Makes sense since this movie verifies that we will be seeing

Ant-Man

in it.

Oh, and did that scene near the end hint at the

Microverse?! Can I get a heck yes to a Micronauts movie?

That would be so amazeballs, I would flip if we got to see

Acroyear

in the future! A personal favorite of mine, along with

*tic* Bug

!

Don't forget to wait through all the credits! There are two of them for this movie. ;)

Re: "that scene near the end"

One of the Marvel suits basically said The Quantum Universe scene is what Marvel is going to use as a realm of "magical" Science! Similar to their Asgardian "aliens" concept. That the new "magic based" Doctor Strange film will expand on all that mysticism as science stuff.

Probably just that they haven't cast her yet cuz they're not sure if she'll be used again. That was my impression.

I don't know if I buy that they don't know if she'll be used again. I'm pretty sure they have everything mapped out pretty well.

This was fun. Rudd was fun. I think they could have gone more over-the-top with some of the powers and concepts and what-not.

They really really really really need to retire the 'evil corporate douchebag scientist who uses the technology for evil' angle. It's beyond old at this point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.