Ant-Man

Exodus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtnMmYv_Js

^The concept reel for Marvels filmverse Ant-Man.

^Ant-Man cartoony coolness.

If you're unfamiliar with the character those two short vids give you all the pieces to what makes the character... except for wife-beating. That's not in them, but sadly rage issues, abuse and alcohol are parts to Ant-Man too.

Yeah, near as I can tell, there's no confirmation. He's been rumored for awhile, but somebody tonight must have aid something because all the outlets are saying "he's in talks".

I don't know why the sudden re-scoopage tonight-- possibly somebody had a press release and leaked it early. Or, kind of like when Simon Pegg was "named" one site of merit reported it as fact and everybody followed suit.

Oooh and also I HAVE A COMPLAINT

Paul Rudd is 5'9 whereas Hank Pym is easily, like, less than an inch high when he shrinks and can grow at least 12 feet tall when he goes all Giant-Man so what gives Marvel who knows maybe he will have to bulk up / slim down for the role

I have always had crazy amounts of man-love for Paul Rudd. I've loved him even when he's in crappy films. I see what they're going for here-- Robert Downy Jr is in shape, but he didn't have a superhero physique. Chris Evans and Hemsworth, for sure... and yet Iron Man is still the hero.

They are going for charisma for body type-- plus it's not like Pym is known for being superbuff. Paul Rudd could easily town, but I think this casting is so in line with Downey, and it makes sense.

I also liked the Simon Pegg rumors. Maybe that will turn out true after all as well, with him being Scott Lang.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.