Nightly.Net Needs Help! <---

Rock

I think we pay monthly, but I really don't know. JA handles all of that, so I'll ask him.

So...full disclosure. Ok? Nightly is not going to shut down completely for quite a while. We do need your donations, but only so a certain somebody doesn't have to pay the full price themselves. But Nightly does have a "backer" of sorts who is willing to pick up the tab, but only if the membership continues to post and absolutely will not donate any more, which we all hope doesn't happen.

So please donate if you can. Any little bit helps. Really.

Oh, and I'll find out about the Google Wallet thing from JA as well.

Well, that took an unexpected turn. Thanks for being so honest - and revealing your entire hand.

This is very helpful to know, actually. By the sounds of things, the mysterious savior is not really in a place to do this kind of thing, so every little bit helps but there is also a nice light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, you can count on my support. I'll sign up this weekend. I hope and encourage others do as well. This place means a lot to me and if it means a lot to you, I hope you'll dig deep!

As we look forward - we can see we are good for 2014. But, what about 2015? Surely we don't want to get into this same position. So, is there something that can be done preemptively to avoid this in 10 months time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The answer is no. I've been trying to help Cerina out with it, but unfortunately the person who owns Nightly isn't really involved in the day to day running of the site. But JA is the only one who has access to the financial info.

And based on what I've heard, the news isn't good. We have enough money through December, but not beyond. So, unfortunately, we're again in an impossible situation.

If you are willing and able to help, PayPal is ja@nightly.net. If you could also PM Cerina with an amount, that would be helpful as we try to figure out our future and attempt to become more proactive in solutions.

And we're solid through 2015 thanks to a very generous member. We're still going to have some discussions about how we can best keep our financial situation in check and be more transparent and better think ahead.

One problem that we have is advertising on Nightly.net brings in way less than it costs us in time and complaints, and the big boys at Google hate us, so we're 98% user funded. The Amazon store brings in very little for us, about the amount that one supporter would give.

Definitely open to any ideas that can keep Nightly going for longer!

Thanks, Brando, for posting this for me.

Now that I'm back in town, I can answer questions. But really he's already said it all. We're good through 2015. So that basically means that we have about 15 months to come up with super good ideas for how to keep this from happening in the future.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.