Nightly.Net Needs Help! <---

Rock

26_18_logo.png
Nightly.net Fundraiser Netathon 2014

http://nightly.net/topic/77114-2014-annual-fundraiser-netathon/

At this moment, Nightly is critically low of funds. We have one month's worth of funding left and then the board will shut down. This appears to be crunch time!

If you want to keep Nightly alive, please find it in your heart to make a donation.

Please click on the link for more details!

http://nightly.net/topic/77114-2014-annual-fundraiser-netathon/

• 3 weeks later...

So, based upon your initial post Nightly has ~10 days left of life, is this correct?

According to JA there is ~$280 in the account. Is this a situation where you use what you have until it's gone? Or must you pay for a yearly subscription rather than a monthly one etc...? ie: it's $800 or nothing...?

If that's the case, what are the steps prior to closure? Archiving? Members allowed to download content etc...?

Additionally, I would hope that some of the day-to-day regulars (rather than occasional lurkers - like myself) would try and rally to the cause - I'm just kind of surprised by the lackadaisical attitude, all things considered, unless there is some thing the Admins wish to communicate. Or have you all just decided to take the Barbiturates and allow Nightly to fade away? If there was ever a time to cause some waves this is the time.

We have enough to keep going for a while yet. Plus, a few people have promised more donations once the holidays are over. We may have to think about cutting out a few extras though. We're thinking about letting some old domain names go since we don't use them.

I sent word out through Nightly's Facebook page a couple weeks ago to its 61 followers, even though I technically shouldn't have access to that anymore, but the FB stats say only nine people saw it. If those nine people had each given $100 we'd be fine, but...well.

I'm not sure how to convince hundreds of former users (or billions of never-users) to toss cash in the bucket for a site they don't use, and I'm not convinced our remaining membership is flush with so much disposable income that they're willing to show three-digit charity to a total not-charity.

Additionally, I would hope that some of the day-to-day regulars (rather than occasional lurkers - like myself) would try and rally to the cause - I'm just kind of surprised by the lackadaisical attitude, all things considered, unless there is some thing the Admins wish to communicate.

so did you donate?

• 2 weeks later...

Additionally, I would hope that some of the day-to-day regulars (rather than occasional lurkers - like myself) would try and rally to the cause - I'm just kind of surprised by the lackadaisical attitude, all things considered, unless there is some thing the Admins wish to communicate.

so did you donate?

Nope. For the exact reason that you quoted - i'm an occasional lurker (if that) - haven't been here for quite a while. Hence why regular users, such as yourself, should be digging deep.

In addition, I asked the initial questions, because no one else seemed to care. A bit sad that it is me that sparks this 'conversation' - which has stalled. I still don't have a clear answer except that we have 'enough for a little while'. Why jump on a sinking ship is what I am trying to get at... I, too, am in a tight financial position right now, but this place does hold a place in my heart and if my purchasing supporter status will keep it going through the year (along with others) then it's an easy thing to do, but if the money only extends it for another 10 days, because not enough are jumping on the band-wagon... well, let's call it a day.

Admins, can you give us an actual time-frame here? Can you answer my initial questions of "Is this a situation where you use what you have until it's gone? Or must you pay for a yearly subscription rather than a monthly one etc...? ie: it's $800 or nothing...?"

So, did you donate? You, the regular forum users and contributors, should.

I think we pay monthly, but I really don't know. JA handles all of that, so I'll ask him.

So...full disclosure. Ok? Nightly is not going to shut down completely for quite a while. We do need your donations, but only so a certain somebody doesn't have to pay the full price themselves. But Nightly does have a "backer" of sorts who is willing to pick up the tab, but only if the membership continues to post and absolutely will not donate any more, which we all hope doesn't happen.

So please donate if you can. Any little bit helps. Really.

Oh, and I'll find out about the Google Wallet thing from JA as well.

so did you donate?

Nope. For the exact reason that you quoted - i'm an occasional lurker (if that) - haven't been here for quite a while. Hence why regular users, such as yourself, should be digging deep.

In addition, I asked the initial questions, because no one else seemed to care. A bit sad that it is me that sparks this 'conversation' - which has stalled. I still don't have a clear answer except that we have 'enough for a little while'. Why jump on a sinking ship is what I am trying to get at... I, too, am in a tight financial position right now, but this place does hold a place in my heart and if my purchasing supporter status will keep it going through the year (along with others) then it's an easy thing to do, but if the money only extends it for another 10 days, because not enough are jumping on the band-wagon... well, let's call it a day.

Admins, can you give us an actual time-frame here? Can you answer my initial questions of "Is this a situation where you use what you have until it's gone? Or must you pay for a yearly subscription rather than a monthly one etc...? ie: it's $800 or nothing...?"

So, did you donate? You, the regular forum users and contributors, should.

i'm actually not a regular user. i bet i've logged 100 posts on here since 2008.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.