Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We need money!

17 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts

26_18_logo.png
Nightly.net Fundraiser Netathon 2014

http://nightly.net/t...aiser-netathon/

At the moment, we are critically low of funds.  Like, we have about one month of server costs left and then the board will shut down.  If you want to keep Nightly alive, please find it in your heart to throw us some money. 

Please click on the above link for more details!

http://nightly.net/t...aiser-netathon/

• Cerina +1 this

Evolence

Evolence

Miss Nail Polish

• Members
  • 12,149 posts
Banner revenue hasn't made this place insanely profitable?

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,755 posts

No ads. No profit.

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 423 posts

How much do you need?

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,330 posts

Based on what Rock said and what I've seen so far, I'd say Nightly's probably about $600-$650 away from hitting it's goal of operating for another year.

Jedi Apprentice

Jedi Apprentice

Custom member title goes here

• Admin
  • 8,682 posts

PayPal account is at $214.22.

• David +1 this

Evolence

Evolence

Miss Nail Polish

• Members
  • 12,149 posts
JA posts! I haven't seen that in years.

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts

Just added $75 by PayPal.  Every little helps - hopefully!

• Cerina +1 this

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,755 posts

You rock!

Darth Kid

Darth Kid

Not Kidding This Time

• Members
  • 4,224 posts

Just based on some cursory poking around, it looks like you guys are hosted on a Linux server running Apache/PHP/CPanel hosted with WiredTree/Cogswell. I'm a RHCE, and I'd be happy to take a look at your configuration (free of charge) to see if there is anyway to lower expenses, but since it appears as though you're also hosting your own DNS server, which is being used by other domains, I imagine you guys already have a competent sysad/developer on-staff.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,755 posts
I don't understand anything you just said.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
And she's the admin!

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,755 posts
It's a miracle this place is still going.
  • Destiny Skywalker and Darth Kid +1 this

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Members
  • 8,390 posts

I don't understand anything you just said.

Translation: He'll look around at the background **** to see if there is a way to make it cheaper for a little pickle tickle...

• Stallion +1 this

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,330 posts

Just based on some cursory poking around, it looks like you guys are hosted on a Linux server running Apache/PHP/CPanel hosted with WiredTree/Cogswell. I'm a RHCE, and I'd be happy to take a look at your configuration (free of charge) to see if there is anyway to lower expenses, but since it appears as though you're also hosting your own DNS server, which is being used by other domains, I imagine you guys already have a competent sysad/developer on-staff.

We do have someone quite competent on staff, and he's actually the site owner and pretty protective, but we'll pass on the info.  Thanks for your offer!

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,595 posts
You guys still doing that Amazon kickback thingy? Do you know what percent you're getting? I'd admittedly rather give you guys the money rather than some random Amazon Smile charity.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• Members
  • 8,390 posts

I had forgotten about the Amazon thing. Yeah is that still going on?

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 4,330 posts

It was stopped for a while by Amazon, but it's back.  I'll have to update some links.

We get a minimum of 4%, but more based on number of purchases made.  Unfortunately, my purchases don't count since I'm the one who runs it.

Reply to this topic