The Flash on CW

Exodus

Thoughts too long to tweet:

As cocky as Barry was in that episode, I'm pretty sure he did come back from his romp through the Speed Force with that Harry Potter Dildo Schlong. 10 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR. Now put it back in your pants and deal with the metapocalypse like a sane person.

Not to be confused with Metalocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYZcpMk8qo

On a more serious note, it's... nice? to see Kaitlyn actually deal with PTSD after being kidnapped by Zoom. I mean, he kept Jesse in a cage for like a year, and the only thing that bothers her about it is that her dad killed someone in the process of getting her back? It's kind of refreshing to see this show be realistic for a change.

Speaking of being kidnapped and tortured by Zoom, what the hell does Zoom think he's going to do by killing Henry (beyond making us all really happy)? Seriously, if watching his mom die at the hands of the guy who later becomes his mentor/father figure didn't make Barry evil, there's not much you can do to turn him to the Dark Side. You're just going to piss him off and intensify his righteousness and I just assume Zoom will die next episode because that has to be a fatal mistake.

WALLY AND JESSE NEED TO GET ON WITH IT and by "it" I mean suit up and also JUST KISS. Ugh, now that Iris and Barry are hooked up properly they're going to be the new unrequited sexual tension couple, aren't they?

I project either that, or the trauma kicks in at some point and she turns into a chaotic neutral wild card like Thea Queen.

I mean, it's not even just Zoom - Trajectory nearly killed her, and so did the Dark Matter. Not to mention moving to a different universe has to come with some culture shock. She can't be THAT resilient, can she?

Wally's expression was priceless when Barry zipped off! I thought he would have just figured it out on his own at some point because he's pretty smart and Flash hangs with all the same people Barry does.

I get it, though. I mean, would you think your nerdy adopted brother is a superhero? Sure, you'd think that logically he'd put it all together with all the clues right there, but logically he's Wally's nerdy adopted brother, he can't be The Flash, right? Psh, that's crazy.

I mean, it's not the Superfam's glasses that keep them anonymous really, it's that they're so seemingly normal and live such mundane lives.

That finale, I just...

Okay, every time Zoom said that he wanted to be the best, I followed it up in my head with "like no one ever was." Every time. And then the multiverse bomb thing looked like a freaking Pokeball and I honest to god expected someone to whip out a Pikachu.

I really wanted that thing to be a Stargate.

Also, Zoom sounded like this, especially the bit from 0.48-0.56:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wh2CruhrKk

Why didn't Cisco break out the "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate..." bit and tell Barry that they're keeping him from becoming Kylo Freaking Ren by locking him up because I totally would have in that situation and Cisco needs to be my nerd voice.

Jesse was almost a character. And then she wasn't anymore. WHAT WAS THE ****ing POINT OF HER.

AND WHEN WILL WALLY GET FAST I MEAN JUST MAKE HIM KID FLASH ALREADY BECAUSE I CANNOT ANYMORE.

And then there were those last few minutes... okay, didn't they establish that Nora's death was a fixed point in time? Isn't she just going to have to die horribly another way now? Although she was still alive on Earth 2, so...

I noticed Barry didn't kill the Reverse Flash, just knocked him out. Does this mean we get Wells-as-Thawne again next season because he was a lot of fun and Dick Wells was a dick with a pointless daughter.

No we won't get Wells as Thrawne because Thrawne ventured out AFTER killing Barry's mother to pull the ole switcheroo. What we'll get is Alive Wells with his wife and kid (probably Jesse)

It was a pretty underwhelming finale until the final couple minutes. That kind of saved it for me. And is a natural progression of Barry's arc. He's tired of ****ing losing. I get it.

Thawne did the ol' switcheroo because he was stuck there and needed access to science stuff so he could get fast and timey-wimey again, though. He still used up all his speed getting to the year 2000 and chasing Barry around, even if he didn't succeed in killing Barry's mom.

The logical thing for Barry to then do is to track down the Drs. Wells and keep Thawne from killing them so they can be science-y and also make Jesse. But Barry's not exactly logical at this point.

You're right, though. That is the ONLY reason to introduce Jesse this season considering how they underserved her character, if we finally get to see her Prime in season 3.

... but I still miss Thawne/Wells. He was basically Loki.

What the hell did you do, Barry?! So now everything we just watched is pretty much irrelevant and never happened?

AND WHEN WILL WALLY GET FAST I MEAN JUST MAKE HIM KID FLASH ALREADY BECAUSE I CANNOT ANYMORE.

This. So much this. I'm pretty much just watching at this point for this specifically to happen.

Also, they blatantly weren't planning on the Man in the Iron Mask reveal until fairly late, look how skinny he was in every episode, and then as soon as his mask comes off, he's good ol' chunky Henry, errr I mean Jay. I liked his Flash uniform though, looked ace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OH GOOD POINT! Especially since there's supposed to be a mega-crossover. They haven't really come in contact with the Arrow folks since season one, so I could see the shows existing in different universes/timelines. I could also see a crossover happening in an alternate timeline for everyone (since they teased Power Girl, this actually makes a lot of sense). But it would take some logic bending.

I have to admit, I really do hope (and am looking forward to) they do an almost complete reset of the Arrow-verse due to Barry's meddling. It means none of that rubbish with Damian Dahrk ever happened, and maybe all the god-awful flashback rubbish with Oliver being on the island despite not actually being stranded will be reset too so we don't have to sit through any more of it. Plus, having Supergirl in the same universe will be a massive plus too.

Yeah... I fell behind on Arrow when Dish Network had a kerfuffle with the CW a couple of years ago (yeah, I know, I could have Hulu-ed it, but by the time I realized it was back in the absence of actual CW the first few episodes had already fallen off Hulu). Sounds like I didn't miss a lot.

I can't see that actually happening, though... I'd imagine there are a lot of people who don't watch The Flash and do watch Arrow, they'd be like OMGWTF.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.