The Flash on CW

Exodus

AHHHH!!! MUST SEE!!!!

I hadn't seen that, yet. I didn't even know it was taking a week off, until I raced home from work on Tuesday night only to arrive just in time for...a rerun. Although seeing one thing in this preview made me rather sad, which I'll cover over in the Arrow thread. :(

I agree with all my power of agreenees.

Somebody on Twitter said it best ... "Can Iris have something to worry about besides romance?!" Its a valid point and its why she's so annoying.

The point that Smallville was actually a soap opera and not a comic book series really brought home all the reasons that show didn't work. And Iris is making The Flash a soap opera. That's a wrong move.

• 2 weeks later...

This week's episode: A+++.

So, can I float a prediction here? It's been in my head ever since we learned Eddie isn't the Reverse-Flash. Given his last name I'd pegged him as Evil from episode 1, but when we found out otherwise, a few things made a lot more sense.

My guess for the season finale, then:

Wells/Reverse-Flash is an unstoppable force and keeps winning and winning, and Eddie realizes there's only one way this ends: he kills himself and effectively ends the Thawne family line a few hundred years early. Eobard's never born and the Reverse-Flash vanishes from the timeline. It's an ending borrowed from a movie, but it works.

This unfortunately paves the way for Barry and Iris to hook up, but we'll figure out how to deal with that fallout later.

It's an interesting theory but the problem with that is if Reverse Flash disappears from the timeline, if he never went back in time, the Barry never becomes the Flash and the entire first season is negated. I could see Eddie using the threat of this to force Reverse Flash's hand in some way, though.

I've only ever seen a show with the balls to negate their entire first season through time travel, and that was Witchblade. I'm not sure it was satisfying, and the fact it was cancelled after a second season suggests it wasn't, but it was definitely ballsy.

There was a Witchblade series? Holy crap! Must look up...

Anyways!

Awesome episode with

Wells finally being outed! And he knew the whole time, that sneaky guy! And LOL that he was watching his ancestor have sex with Iris! I don't think they'll get rid of him in the last episode, they need to keep him around as a recurring villain. We also need the "IT WAS ME, BARRY! IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!" line from him first, too!

• 3 weeks later...

What the heck, Eddie?! Sure, you just erased the villain from existence...but what about all your innocent descendants before him?! I feel bad for those poor people. :(

And...Jay Garrick's hat! Holy crap balls! Will we get a Flash of Two Worlds episode next season?

Those people were never born. That's not exactly murder.

Though Eddie is a moron. Thrawne had his back turned, so why not shoot him instead of yourself? That's straight stupid. And so easily fixed. Put him in another room watching on cameras so this is literally the only way to save the day.

Plus you can't have it both ways. If Reverse Flash disappears because he never existed then EVERYTHING HE DID NEVER HAPPENED. Period. Which means Barry's mom never dies, all of season one never happened, etc. The show is great and the first season was near perfect but the writers really shit the bed here.

Well in the eyes of a Star Trek hero it is murder, not that this is Trek of course. It is an unnatural, willful alteration of the timeline that wiped out and changed untold lives and that should be something the show has to deal with. Good intentions and all that doesn't change the result. As for Reverse-Flash never existing now, well the show can ask; Just how fast is he? It could be a fun twist on Marty McFly's photograph. Also if he can run that fast and is now desperately inacting a plan to restore the past, couldn't he now be... dun dun dun... The Hero? Could a show down with Reverse-Flash vs Reverse-Flash & Flash(es) happen now?

Still haven't seen more that three episodes of this series, but my circle (mostly my son) can't stop his mouth from blabbing. Which is why I'm here. lol

Plus you can't have it both ways. If Reverse Flash disappears because he never existed then EVERYTHING HE DID NEVER HAPPENED. Period. Which means Barry's mom never dies, all of season one never happened, etc. The show is great and the first season was near perfect but the writers really **** the bed here.

This, this, this! I just finished watching it and this is what immediately went through my head. It was a huge WTF moment. You can't just pick and choose when to apply a fundamental principle like that. I have to say, I'm not nearly as blown away as many seem to be. Right before I watched it, I noticed a headline on my FB feed (from CBR, I think) saying something like "Attention all superhero season finales - Flash just kicked your ass!". So, I was rather surprised at how much of the episode bothered me.

The notion of running fast enough to reverse a singularity seems rather silly, but honestly I couldn't even focus on it, because I was still annoyed at the time with the major hole in the "Wells never existed, but we're all still here" thing. Both of those things probably played into this, but I was also underwhelmed by the "cliff hanger" nature of the ending. Also, Eddie must truly be made of heroic stuff, because he managed to not only shoot himself in the heart, but then carry on an entire conversation. As for Wells, they've gone to lengths explaining how his powers only work sporadically and even then, only after he's been charging himself with the special battery in his wheelchair: yet, he lost the wheelchair and then was even locked up in a cell and somehow still had the speed to kick Barry's ass. Right.

Or, how about this: Wells = Evil Bad Guy. Evil Bad Guy doesn't belong in this time and is trying to go home. Evil Bad Guy will likely try to kill many people if he stays in our time. Remind me again, why are we trying to stop Wells from going home? And an even better question, when we discovered that Wells' time machine will not survive the trip if built the way he designed it, why the **** are we bringing it to his attention and trying to fix it?!?

Perhaps the thing that bothered me the most, though, was the simple fact that Barry actually went through with this plan. To put your desire above the wants and needs of every single other being on the planet is selfishness of an epicly douche-nozzle level. So far removed from "heroic" that it actually is, in fact, what we've seen various super-villains do. Hell, it's what Eobard Thrawn did. I fully expected Caitlin and Ronnie's wedding to be the moment when Barry realized this, given how happy they were and (by all rights and reason, at least) they likely would never even meet if he changed history.

Overall, I thought this show had a great first season, which is why I'm so disappointed right now.

Rant addendum: I almost forgot, why the hell did he go back in time, not save his mom, but then not even do something to save his dad from going to jail?!? That's been his supposed driving force since he was a kid, yet when given a golden opportunity to save his dad from going to prison, he does nothing. It would've taken a literal fraction of a second to make it look like his dad was attacked, too. Yes, he would have never lived with Joe and Iris if he had done that, but he already showed that wasn't his main consideration.

Not to say that I hated everything, however, and I especially was intrigued to see 40's Flash's helmet appear. Interesting to see if that's an Easter Egg or sign of things to come.

It was very obvious he was going to kill himself from the moment Dr Stein was talking to him about his timeline and him being the only one with control of his destiny. I was initially disappointed when it happened due to the paradox it causes, but the arrival of the singularity as a result to clear up this timeline was a good decision and we shall see what the writers do next to get out of this time travel pickle for our characters.

Once Future Barry warned him not to save his mum, it was nice he had time to say goodbye, but I guess no chance to alter his dad's future with the time limit imposed.

Overall, despite the problems it raised with a paradox or two, I enjoyed the episode a lot and look forward to seeing how they resolve this mighty cliffhanger! Love a good time travel storyline!

Though Eddie is a moron. Thrawne had his back turned, so why not shoot him instead of yourself? That's straight stupid.

Have to disagree on that part, Dex. I'm not sure shooting a speedster ever has a good chance of working, even with their back turned. I think hyper-senses & reactions are part of the whole Speed Force package, which is why they can actually navigate at a billion miles an hour without running into crap. Thawne would have heard the gun fire and moved out of the way, knowing he was likely the target.

Okay so because it might not work you don't even try? Oh well, nothing to do but die! You're probably right it wouldn't work but I would try.

Besides, if that was the rationale the writers used then you have to earn that for the audience. Show Eddie witnessing somebody trying to shoot Barry in the back and it not working. You can't leave that to fan wank.

People have shot bullets at them before. It never worked. And if doesn't work, Zoom takes his gun away in .04 seconds and he's back to being useless while all of his friends get killed. He had one shot (sorry) for his plan - whichever plan he chose - to work. Knowing he very likely would not have a second chance, he played the percentages and chose the one that would almost certainly work rather than the Hail Mary that had little chance of success.

• 2 months later...

http://images.cwtv.com/images/cwseed/show-billboard/the-flash-classic.jpg

So, apparently Daddy Flash's entire series is available to watch for free on CW Seed. Also, it seems that there is something called CW Seed. I had no idea.

Not only can you watch Old Flash there, but later this month we'll be able to see the animated Vixen, which will tie in to Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. It's said to be set in the same universe and even will have the actual voices of Flash, Arrow, and Felicity as part of the cast. There is talk that, if successful, the character (whom I'm only somewhat familiar with, through the animated Justice League Unlimited) may even get her own live-action series. I've also heard her mentioned as a possible member of the Legends cast (which, it seems, will not be a static one).

http://wac.450F.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2015/01/vixen-cwseed1.jpg

I think it's cool they pick someone of her level (and I liked her in Conway-McDonnell's Justice League run). It allows more creative flexibility than more a-list heroes bogged down by continuity and exposure.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.