The Flash on CW

Exodus

I mean, I guess that they do have to stretch a storyline for 20+ episodes, so killing the main villain right off the bat isn't the best choice...

But when Wells was going to just shoot Zoom in the goddamn face and everyone's like "NOOOOO DON'T DO THAT!!!" And I'm like "WHY THE fuck NOT?!?!?"

He had the gun literally right in his face. I mean, maybe Zoom could outrun it, but that was an absolutely point blank shot. And it's one of those fancy anti-meta guns like Snart's, so he probably would have killed him quite dead. Zoom seemed to be acting like "this little do-gooder scientist asswipe doesn't have the balls" and the chicken scenario - because we know Wells will absolutely go full Liam Neeson on everyone's asses - would have very much been in Wells' favor. At least he'd be doing something other than exactly what the psychotic villain wanted.

Speaking of going full Liam Neeson, I'm rather disappointed that the 12 thermoses of coffee plan to get Jessie back consisted of getting Joe to add her to the missing and exploited children registry. WHERE IS THE POST-DAREDEVIL FACE PUNCHING I NEED?

Speaking of Jessie...

i09 says she's back next episode.

My personal pet peeve is seeing these ridiculous "My powers are gone!" storylines. We all know they'll get them back, and it's kinda tiresome having to sit through the pseudo-scientific hoops they have to jump through to make sure the hero is back to who they were before after lots of soul searching whilst powerless.

Unless they turn the particle accelerator back on to try and replicate Barry getting his powers in the first place and cause another shit ton of metas to be created. That would be awesome and eye-rolling at the same time.

That's what I assumed, too.

And this kind of goes along with Dick Wells and his whole "I'm not him!" thing which has bothered me all season... no, you're not Thawne, but you're still Harrison Wells. You may not have caused this world's metas, but you caused your world's metas, and it doesn't look like an improvement for anyone. He seems to finally want to own up to that. By... um... wanting to make more?

As an aside, I kinda want to see DC's evil and otherwise morally ambiguous scientists come together for an evil scientist convention like on this episode of The Tick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6i5p8RbTCg

Anyway, I was kind of hoping that Barry not having powers would be a catalyst for him plumbing some inner depths so when he does get his powers back he's an even better hero... and he pouted the whole time. I wanted to slap him.

I dunno, I always thought Barry was the best part of the show, and every time Wally appeared, I'd be looking for some clue as to how he was going to become a speedster too. Still, this looks like it could be a very interesting shake-up.

Also, I find myself wondering if we're going to see Barry pull a Doc Manhattan

Complete with giant blue schlong?

I mean, I did always wonder why this show doesn't fanservice at the traditional CW level of, say, The Vampire Diaries. I guess that would make up for the two years of mostly modestly covered-ness.

Can Jessie just have superpowers now?

I really want to see her speeding around the city punching faces and yelling WHO'S THE HELPLESS VICTIM NOW, BITCH?!?

I'm just like, child, you're a Wells. Being a Super Saiyan Dick is in your DNA, start chewing bubblegum and kicking ass already. Enough with this Damsel in Distress thing.

Anyway. I suppose Barry's emotional journey through the Speed Force was gratifying (if for no other reason that he got his powers back and retired the Super Pout), and the fact that he didn't come out of it with a Harry Potter Dildo Schlong is probably for the best. OR DID HE.

Zoom's meta army is intriguing, and I'm trying to figure out how they can wrap that up in two episodes.

If they do have powers, doesn't that mean that they have a little bit of Barry in them now (seeing as how he disintegrated at the front of that wave of energy), and that even if he dies, he's still the Flash because he's inside them?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.