Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders

Darth Krawlie

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I thought she was okay on Breaking Bad, but the couple of times I checked out Don't Trust the B... I found her overacting hard to watch.

I haven't realiy read comics since the early '90s so I only know who Jessica Jones is from Wikipedia. I am looking forward to these Netflix shows though so I've got my fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All those titles were founded in the gritty exploitation era of the 70s. I've said before I'd love it if they made a mini MCU based in this era and went Grindhouse with it.

[50% sarcasm]what?? YOU want something set in them thar olden days?!?[/50%sarcasm]

Seriously, you're not the only one saying this, as some Marvel creations are very much products of their creation era--not as timeless as say, the F.F. or the Avengers.

I would love to see Luke Cage set in the early 70s...minus the idiotic "blaxploitation" urges some would feel in dealing with a Cage film.

• 3 weeks later...

All those titles were founded in the gritty exploitation era of the 70s. I've said before I'd love it if they made a mini MCU based in this era and went Grindhouse with it.

[50% sarcasm]what?? YOU want something set in them thar olden days?!?[/50%sarcasm]

Seriously, you're not the only one saying this, as some Marvel creations are very much products of their creation era--not as timeless as say, the F.F. or the Avengers.

I would love to see Luke Cage set in the early 70s...minus the idiotic "blaxploitation" urges some would feel in dealing with a Cage film.

70s is total silver age in my eyes. And I don't hate the golden age, I just hate the attitude some fans have that all change is bad and keeping things modern is a mistake. I also maintain that heroes created int he golden age are much harder to keep relevant and interesting compared to ones made in the silver or bronze ages.

At least we can agree most 90s characters blow.

In other news, Carrie Anne Moss has signed onto AKA Jessica Jones, but they aren't saying who she is outside of that she's a power potential friend.

If you go by the comic, she's either playing Carol Danvers or Jessica Drew. This would be an odd sneaky way to jump Captain Marvel into the cinematic verse, and I don't if they have the rights to Jessica, or if she belongs with the Spider-Man license.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're having friends over Saturday night, so I'm thinking of waiting and watching maybe the first four episodes or so with them. The wife and I will (hopefully) catch another four or so on Sunday, with the remainder scattered throughout the rest of the week. That's the plan, at least.

Also, while we already knew that Marvel was keeping their TV shows and films all in the same big ol' MCU, it's nice to get connections right off the bat...

http://www.followingthenerd.com/site/wp-content/uploads/10498527_10200569035545593_69169418378924976_o.jpg

Brian Patrick Wade played Creel, also known as Absorbing Man by the time he made it on Agents of SHIELD. The actor, Loeb revealed to IGN, will be playing the character again on Daredevil, creating the first concrete link that fans know of between the two shows.

There was some early concern from fans about the timeline - when does this fight occur because Carl Creel isn’t exactly an old man when we see him in the present day on Agents of SHIELD - but Loeb had an explanation for that:

If you look at it, there's actually a very critical line, which is, 'Battlin' Jack is doing very well against a much younger fighter.' So the idea is, we looked at it from the point of view of, Mike Tyson was the heavyweight champion when he was 18 years old. [brian Patrick Wade], who plays him in the show, looks like he's in his mid-30s, so there was enough time for us to be able to say, 'There's no reason why that isn't the same person.’

Driver: If you go by the comic, she's either playing Carol Danvers or Jessica Drew. This would be an odd sneaky way to jump Captain Marvel into the cinematic verse, and I don't if they have the rights to Jessica, or if she belongs with the Spider-Man license.

Here´s hoping for Carol. I want her in GOTG 2, the back and forth between her and Peter in the comics has been hilarious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.