Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

ShadowDog

I like them all better when they're fighting than when they're working together as a team. Fitz-Simmons are a cute concept but aren't yet standing out; Skye as a super hacker hobo with L'Oreal hair isn't working for me at all; and Ward the supposed grizzled combat vet is the lost Winklevoss triplet. But when they're sparring, they're fine.

It's fun anyway, but I'd love to see this transition into a buddy-cop dramedy called Coulson and May, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Lost opportunity there.

It's still better than most network fare. The episodes move pretty quickly (but not Doctor Who manic) with plenty of little moments.

I've noticed I'm trying to anticipate what's tied back to the comics or movie universes.

I've noticed I'm trying to anticipate what's tied back to the comics or movie universes.

After two episodes with movie-based MacGuffins, it'd be nice to switch it up and do a comics thing or two. If all we get is Hydra leftovers and warmed-over Extremis all season, this is gonna be a loooong year.

Pretty sure this whole Rising Tide organization is going to be revealed to be deepcover Atlantaean sleeper agents infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. on the orders of Warlord Krang or maybe Attuma. Sky is actually the alias of Namorita (sky... as in the colour BLUE!) and she is a double undercover good guy using the resources of Shining Tide to search the surface world for her still wandering homeless cousin. Coulson knows this because he's not really Coulson at all. Coulson died in the Battle of New York. This is Captain Mar-Vell (human alias : Philip Lawson, the name is too close for it to be a coincidence) surgically altered to look like Coulson and to have all his memories by the doctor played by Ron Glass (this character is obviously a reformed Centurius) before the series began.

I like them all better when they're fighting than when they're working together as a team. Fitz-Simmons are a cute concept but aren't yet standing out; Skye as a super hacker hobo with L'Oreal hair isn't working for me at all; and Ward the supposed grizzled combat vet is the lost Winklevoss triplet. But when they're sparring, they're fine.

Agree with most of this. Fitz & Simmons are redundant, like one person taking up the screen time of two people. And the cuteness of it, well, yeah - this show needs less cute and a bit more grit. Even the supposed resident loner badass, Ward, really isn't nearly as "rough" as his character is described. This is S.H.I.E.L.D. for crying out loud. Super agents supreme. Yet this group has precious little of the Nick Fury style grit or a James Bond style super-spy smoothness. May has the former, Coulson a bit of the latter. Other than that? Things are pretty vanilla.

I will say I'm glad they're going to train Skye. That's one of the things I was hoping for, to make her character more useful (and thus make more sense). I was really hoping (well, still am) that Gunn (or whatever Extremis Man's name was) will get a bit of training and be added to the team. While there are already close to too many characters, I'd like to see him brought back and Fitz-Simmons phased out a bit more to a less prominent role.

Pretty sure this whole Rising Tide organization is going to be revealed to be deepcover Atlantaean sleeper agents infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. on the orders of Warlord Krang or maybe Attuma. Sky is actually the alias of Namorita (sky... as in the colour BLUE!) and she is a double undercover good guy using the resources of Shining Tide to search the surface world for her still wandering homeless cousin. Coulson knows this because he's not really Coulson at all. Coulson died in the Battle of New York. This is Captain Mar-Vell (human alias : Philip Lawson, the name is too close for it to be a coincidence) surgically altered to look like Coulson and to have all his memories by the doctor played by Ron Glass (this character is obviously a reformed Centurius) before the series began.

I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure that what we are seeing is all a dream that Coulson has as he lies dying on the helicarrier.

I'm not exactly in love with the show yet, but it's the only thing on network TV that's appointment viewing for me this year. Some of the dialogue has that overly pretentious Wheadonesque feel too it, but I can forgive it.

The line that they're having to walk between the show existing as its own entity, while still keeping a toe in the greater Marvel universe is a fine one. Keeping that balance is what's going to be the measure of success for this show, and they seem to be doing a good job of it so far. I wouldn't say I'm hooked, but I'm entertained enough to keep watching for now. Each episode gets just a little bit better, which is really promising.

Was it me or did the bad guy (played by an actor named David Conrad who looks like he could be Tahmoh Penikett's brother) get away? No, he didn't even get away. She just jumped into the pool to get away from him and we never saw him again. I mean, I'm sure we'll be seeing him in a future episode once the liquid gravity metal scientist breaks out but whatever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.