Sleepy Hollow

Darth Lohr

Color me surprised, but this show was actually quite good! Except for one little detail...

Clancy Brown died, those bastards!

...I don't think I had a single complaint about this show. I went in with middle of the road expectations, at best, expecting it to have a slightly cheesier than Grimm feel. However, I really appreciated the more Supernatural-like seriousness they approached the, well, supernatural. The two main characters work well together and the season preview makes it look like there's plenty of excitement to come. This show was honestly barely on my radar, but now I'm really looking forward to it! :cool:

I liked it quite a lot, but I think they had waaaaaay too much exposition forced into the pilot. It really stilted the dialogue -- laughably at times -- and prevented the writers from having more fun unwrapping what is really a pretty outrageously entertaining story. Honestly, it was so fast-paced, by the time the horseman rode off, it felt like the end of the second or third episode.

Right now, I give it a solid B+. Once (if?) they slow down a bit and chew the scenery, I'll prolly like it even better.

Same here. It's crazy stupid fun... but there are so many things in the pilot that could have been developed and played out with far more satisfaction if they'd just trusted the viewer not to flip the channel if the action lets up for 30 seconds. For example:

Harold working with the forces of darkness coulda just been hinted at it for now and left room for some more background on the awesome (and all-too-quickly-decapitated) priest-wizard dude. As it stood, I felt no real sense of betrayal when Andy went dark side; I felt no real pang of loss when the wise old wizard died, despite the cool chain visuals.

The relationship between Abbie and Ichabod offers the writers a ton of fun opportunities to quirk up mismatched buddy cop clichés. If the show can trust enough in the intelligence of the viewers to allow it, it could be a blast watching that develop.

News from today: the show's already been renewed! Whee!

Caveat: season 1 will only be 13 episodes, no back-9 order.

As for this week: episode #3 was just okay, though if I'm wondering if all the demons-of-the-week will only speak Greek. It's a little repetitive.

This is a far more entertaining show than I expected. I don't normally watch shows with "faceless nightmare monsters", but I'm finding it's not horrible. The relationship between Crane and Abbie is fun. I love the fact that Crane is not the cliched Fish Out of Water who thinks moving vehicles are monsters, tries to figure out how to free the small people trapped in the television and refers to everything else as sorcery. He's intelligent enough to be able to adapt to his changed environment.

A++++ to the conversation he had at the beginning of last night's episode while sitting in the car. :)

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.