Jurassic World: coming June 12, 2015

Jacen123

I really wanted to yell out "You're my boy Blue!"

My wife was curious as to how Jurrasic World was even allowed to open after the first 3 movies. Why no government stepped in and said no. I told her that even after the 4 Jurrasic Park movies, if they could there would still be someone to open it and a government to allow it. "Those were just movies. We'd never let that happen."

After rewatching Lost World, I'm curious how Jurassic World was allowed to happen, too.

Oh wait you meant the fictional park not the movie.

Dude. It was a comment I made to my wife in jest after the movie. It was preceded by an Old School quote. Don't take everything so serious.

You're acting like I went on a profanity laced tirade or was being a smart ass. If I sounded like a smart ass that wasn't my intention.

You said something that struck my interest and so I picked up the ball and took the conversation that direction. We here to talk, right?

• 2 years later...

Uh, that teaser trailer... they are REALLY playing it safe. It looks like the exact same movie but with some elements lifted from Lost World. I guess when a movie makes a hundred-bajillion dollars you don't really have to venture outside the formula. IE Transformers series.

But hey, look, it's Malcolm... great... wee.

Another thing is that god damned hamster ball. Is this really something they want to make a feature of this series? If so, why?

Uh, that teaser trailer... they are REALLY playing it safe. It looks like the exact same movie but with some elements lifted from Lost World. I guess when a movie makes a hundred-bajillion dollars you don't really have to venture outside the formula. IE Transformers series.

Yeah. Unfortunately, Jurassic World used up the one really cool concept to capitalize on Jurassic Park. That being a fully functioning park with thousands of visitors. They kinda blew that, sad to say. They spent most of the story away from the crowd, so it was just a set piece when they killed everyone. There weren't any POV characters that hadn't been dealing with dinosaurs attacking them all day. A complete waste.

Would it really have been so hard to just make the zoo turning on its guests the whole of the plot? This is a monster movie. I know there's also bits of Mary Shelley in there, but you can weave that in on top of a more basic fear fest. Have the guests go back through some of the exhibits they went through earlier extolling the virtues of their breakthrough and have it feel like hubris in the retelling. Put in a plot about a member of the group that knows more than he or she lets on about why the dinosaurs broke loose and you've got your internal conflict.

The other possibility, the one they continually tease, including in the original book and the end of Jurassic Park III, is the dinosaurs truly getting off the island. Not as interesting, but at least you're not just repeating The Lost World again.

But hey, look, it's Malcolm... great... wee.

And judging by the trailer, the extent of his character growth in the last 20 years has been that he's grown a beard.

He's literally reciting the same lines from the original movie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.