Jurassic World: coming June 12, 2015

Jacen123

• 1 year later...

I saw the Lost World recently, and enjoyed it a good deal - a film that has improved with age for me after all the hype of trying to live up to one of the most successful films of all time! That ending in the city is still silly though isn't it!

Looking forward to what they have planned for the new one!

The in-movie company that owns the park must be run by 'tards who have 'tards for lawyers and 'tards for investors. Admittedly I am also a 'tard but I can think of no way a park like that opens after the history surrounding it. I thought this film was going to deal with the island having become it's own fully sustaining ecology which then risks leaking out, but the trailers plot instead feels like a remake.

The in-movie company that owns the park must be run by 'tards who have 'tards for lawyers and 'tards for investors. Admittedly I am also a 'tard but I can think of no way a park like that opens after the history surrounding it. I thought this film was going to deal with the island having become it's own fully sustaining ecology which then risks leaking out, but the trailers plot instead feels like a remake.

No no. Reboot. ReBOOT.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I like how:

They feed Jaws to the Jaws-a-saurus

After 20 years, the CGI hasn't made the dinosaurs look any better (seriously, speaks to the first film).

the dude riding a quad with raptors

And so many people in that short promo I want to see get eaten.

Oh, and I am sure the new dinosaur is a raptor/t-rex hybrid that can literally f*ck itself and reproduce like GINO-Zilla.

I like how:

They feed Jaws to the Jaws-a-saurus

Not bad. JW didn't forget all the Megalodon and Spinosaurus hype. Figures.

After 20 years, the CGI hasn't made the dinosaurs look any better (seriously, speaks to the first film).

I KNOWWWWWWWWWW. First thing I thought was 'that's 2010 cgi, not 2015 cgi.' Second thing I thought was 'damn part 1 was in 1994 and it still look so good.'

Oh, and I am sure the new dinosaur is a raptor/t-rex hybrid that can literally f*ck itself and reproduce like GINO-Zilla.

No. More like ****SPOILER******* Half dinosaur/half human. These ppl have balls. There's no way you cant check this movie out.

• 6 months later...
This was baaaaaad. You know your movie is ****ed when the suspension of disbelief is shattered in the first 10 seconds because your CG egg looks like a CG egg. Everything looks like a cartoon. None of the dinosaurs (except SOME of the raptor shots and the ONE practical dino puppet moment) look remotely convincing as living creatures. Zero sense of wonder. It's just a Godzilla movie.

Spinosaurus is a million times cooler than Androgynous Rex.

The end of Lost World led us to believe people had agreed to leave the dinosaurs alone in a natural environment. This movie negates that. This park would never have been built.

So, the pleasant side-character scientist Henry Woo from the original ends up sort of being the Dennis Nedry of this movie? WHAT!?

Why were so many people constantly talking on cell phones in this movie, sweet jesus that was annoying.

The teenage brother (who thought he was either in a new YA franchise or modelling for Abercrombie and Fitch) takes the reigns from Kelly as 'worst JP kid'.

I can't believe how much they used from those early script rumors... militarized dinos, yay!

This movie desperately needed a Malcolm. Except for the slightest pretense this one completely abandoned the philosophical science-fiction angle of the first three. It was basically just "a thing got loose... we survived it and got closer as friends and family, wee!" A big part of what makes Jurassic Park is (to at least SOME degree) the exploration of "why": why have we done this? What does this mean? Etc.

It was amazing, the kids in the movie were bored during the dinosaur tour... and so was I! If that's the effect the director was going for then he succeeded. So, what? They were trying to set up the film by pointing out how bored we are with on screen dinosaurs? The only way that setup works is if they then go on to up the ante. Introduce a new element that changes the rules, turns expectations on their head, comes out of left field... but it doesn't happen. Boo.

A couple things I enjoyed...

The scenes between Female John Hammond and Not Robert Muldoon were really good, I thought. It felt like it was taken out of a different, better movie.

The ending was pretty fun. I would have liked it better if the raptors could fly, and like, Alan Grant and Vince Vaughn's Lost World character rode in on compys. And then they find Hammond's frozen body and splice his DNA into a dino. Aaack, F this, I say.

I agree with what Brett said in his review. The movie was pretty bad. Too much focus on the stupid hybrid dino and frankly I am over the raptors at this point. There is no suspense at all. Every Hollywood cliche is all accounted for. How can you only have one qualified helicoptor pilot?

Plus the human story was dumb with the kids and aunt. They need to stop making JP movies. I didnt think it was possible to make a JP movie worse than part 3 but they did.

I agree with what Brett said in his review. The movie was pretty bad. Too much focus on the stupid hybrid dino and frankly I am over the raptors at this point. There is no suspense at all. Every Hollywood cliche is all accounted for. How can you only have one qualified helicoptor pilot?

Plus the human story was dumb with the kids and aunt. They need to stop making JP movies. I didnt think it was possible to make a JP movie worse than part 3 but they did.

Guest El Chalupacabra

They need to stop making JP movies. I didnt think it was possible to make a JP movie worse than part 3 but they did.

Half a $Billion in the first weekend means not only will they NOT stop, but you can count on several more.

This movie desperately needed a Malcolm.

See above. I am sure we will see The Fly in JW2.

I thought it was fun. Ridiculous at times, but so what.

Agreed. Largely a retread of the first film but updated to the sensibilities (lack the of) of modern movie goers.

While chaos theory was largely abandoned we still had the science versus nature debate, even if the narrative was murky. This time it was the (slightly man-made) dinos versus the extra-man-made dino. And the more natural of the two won out.

It was great to see dinosaurs on the big screen again. A JW2 is definitely on the cards after this box office success.

It'll be interesting to see if they add any more science to the next one or if they stick to the adventure track.

I'm kind of baffled by the number of "it was a really pleasant 'meh'!" and "it didn't offend me!" reviews I've seen. I'm not arguing taste, but there just seems to be a general non-specific fondness for this movie.

I loved this movie just because all the theme park stuff was so true to life. The main drag of the park looked just like CityWalk or Downtown Disney, they had a freaking monorail, and MAGIC BANDS lol. I also loved that the original Discovery Center had been left to ruins, just like abandoned places at Disney like River Country and Discovery Island.

It was nowhere near as good as the original, but it was fun and the raptor squad was worth the price of admission.

I loved this movie just because all the theme park stuff was so true to life. The main drag of the park looked just like CityWalk or Downtown Disney,

Exactly this - I'd been to Hong Kong Disneyland 2 weeks before I saw this movie and that's the same reaction I had!

I thought it was okay but nowhere near as good as the first one!

And why, when they didn't see the CamoRex, did they let 3 people into the paddock? It had a tracker! Shouldn't that have been the first thing they did?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.