CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Not based on the timeline. 30 years post ROTJ, right? Which means if Leia got pregnant on Endor and that kid was about 14 when they had a kid, she could be the granddaughter.

I hope she survives. The PT was nothing but people trying to kill Padme for no discernable reason, and the OT was Leia being repeatedly rescued. I hope Leia leads well, and Daisy Ridley's character is as least half the primary hero.

Hmm. Nice point. I like it.

Also, good point by Mara re:female leads

With that said though, if it was done well is it still a negative? What if the reason and the way is so great it suits Leia's character flawlessly?

Not saying I have an idea how to do that, honestly in this one instance I hadn't thought about it. But would we still have to fret over how many wangs vs vajayjays are in the film if Leia went out a champion?

I feel bad for Kenny Baker. Is he there, off-screen? I wonder who does the R2 noises during the read-through if he isn't. JJ? Daniels? One of the off-screen people? Wait, maybe he IS there. Maybe they keep him inside the R2 that's inside the crate. They should let him out. Seems stuffy.

Perhaps Episode VIII will feature more diversity.

Do alien characters count towards "diversity" in the cast? How many of these leads might end up covered in latex or CGI? Serkis probably will. Potentially any of them could, I suppose. Even Max von Sydow.

I'm liking the cast thus far. The diversity is fine. It's already more diverse than the OT or the PT, so whatever. I'm sure there will be some more minor roles to be filled there.

Loving how they are mostly unknowns, I was worried they were going to cast some bigger names in there.

Was shocked to see Serkis in the list, and shocked in a good way. He could be both on screen or (more than likely) doing a digital character or two. If you are going to get somebody to do a digital actor, he's the guy. So a nice get there. Just makes you wonder for what purpose they need him. I'd like to think they know better than to do a full on digital lead character again, but who knows.

The internet is blowing up on this Daisy Ridely, but acting aside, I wholeheartedly approve of seeing her in 3 films. :pimp:

The original cast was the worst kept secret in Hollywood for the last 6 months, but I'm glad it's confirmed. To think that yesterday Harrison Ford sat down at a table read to read lines as Han Solo again blows my mind. My inner fanboy wants to jump up and cheer, but Indiana Jones has burned us once before....

Cautiously optimistic.

I just want the movie to be good. I don't care how many men or women, white people or black people, purple aliens versus green aliens are in it. As long as it's a good movie, it shouldn't matter.

This is actually how I feel, too. But if there are major women characters, I do think it would be a shame for them to be as one-dimensional as Leia and Padme were.

I'm not sure I buy that rumor. If Chewbacca was there for the table read and his lines aren't actually on the page (going by OT scripts) then any major role would be there as well. If contracts weren't fully in place and the mystery woman isn't 100% I guess maybe it could be true, but I feel like they wouldn't have done this unless the core cast was complete.

I'm sure there is some more casting to be announced, but I would agree that all 'major' roles are filled and announced. Who knows what the hell they mean by 'large female role'. Technically you could call Aunt Beru a large female role in A New Hope. She had screen time and lines, in the film world that is a substantial role.

If it is true, and I really don't care, and it means what people want it to mean, I'm guessing a character who will be shown briefly and set up for future.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.