CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

No idea who any of those newbies are.

No one knew who the big three were when ANH came out, so that's not a bad thing...

John Boyega was the main kid in Attack the Block, which if you haven't seen. do so. It's like if the Goonies were British gangbangers and they warded of an alien invasion.

Daisy Ridley is pretty unknown, but has a few credits.

Adam Driver is an up and comer, mostly known for the HBO show Girls. He's an amazing actor, and very odd looking.

Oscar Isaac played the freed-from-jail husband in Drive, and is currently in Inside Llewyn Davis and people are raving.

Domhnall Gleeson is a British actor with lots of smaller credits. He was in a couple Harry Potter movies.

About Time seems like a pretty decent date movie. The wife wanted to see it, but then we never did. This might actually work as a reminder to actually do it sometime.

Ericka says (via source) John Boyega is the lead in all three.

And as MJS pointed out on twitter, only one new woman. But maybe she'll be a strong character so I can reserve judgment until a much later date on that.

Either way, the cast isn't as lilly white as it's been in the past. I mean, it kind of is, but there's a black guy.... and Isaac was born in Guatemala so, ya know, progress!

Complete and total speculation on my part... but here's my guesses...

John Boyega is the Luke of the ST. Young Jedi, growing in power; total heroes journey stuff.

Daisy Ridley is the new Leia, if casting sides to be believed, Obi-Wan Kenobi's grand-daughter, another Jedi

Oscar Isaac is the new Han, the roguish, rough guy-- smuggler too obvious, maybe a bounty hunter or spec forces guy

Max Von Sydow is the big villain, a political/dictator type guy

Adam Driver is his right hand, a former Jedi, falling to the dark side

Domhnall Gleeson is Oscar Isaac's sidekick

Andy Serkis is new Chewbacca.Jar-Jar alien sidekick character.

So, is Andy Serkis getting legit screen time or totally CGI? (Why do we have to have these convos in multiple locations? I miss the days when the only ways we all communicated was through Nightly and AIM)

How the eff did Obi-Wan get a granddaughter?

How the eff did Obi-Wan get a granddaughter?

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, they give special hugs and have babies. Then those babies grow up and sex it up with crazy hermit Jedi and then eventually the crazy Jedi has a granddaughter.

Like Obi-wan just sat in that hovel for 20 years.... Jedi order is gone, he's lonely. Goes into Mos Eisley on night for a drink-- is kinda depressed about the whole Empire thing. Hooks up with the barmaid, then in the morning is all "Oh hey babe, Im a Jedi. We can't commit. Sorry, yo." and he bails. Barmaid is pregnant,, has a kid who gROws up on Tattooine, kinda knows who his dad is, but hates cause he's a desert weirdo. Gives up on the guy, has a daughter eventually-- and oops-- why is she making her baby toys float?

THIS SHIT WRITES ITSELF I SHOULD WORK FOR THE EU

Ugh. If Kenobi has a kid and Luke doesn't, I'm out.

Okay, probably not. But seriously that's the DUMBEST idea. No. No no no. I don't care if it's not canon anymore, GO READ KENOBI.

You know who SHOULD have a kid? Luke. Just saying...

People are speculating that Daisy Ridley is Han and Leia's kid.

Annoyed with only one main lady in the cast. You'd think we were past that. Sigh.

Oh yeah. JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh. If Kenobi has a kid and Luke doesn't, I'm out.

Okay, probably not. But seriously that's the DUMBEST idea. No. No no no. I don't care if it's not canon anymore, GO READ KENOBI.

You know who SHOULD have a kid? Luke. Just saying...

People are speculating that Daisy Ridley is Han and Leia's kid.

Annoyed with only one main lady in the cast. You'd think we were past that. Sigh.

Oh yeah. JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy Ridley could easily be Kenobi's granddaughter, a Solo kid or a Skywalker. That goes for Domhnall Gleeson too if his accent is played down. Agree about wanting a bit more diversity, but if Ridley and Boyega are the true leads and carry the movie, that will make up for it.

I hope Luke does not have a kid, and that we never see Han and Leia's kids, leaving their identities (and existences) to our imaginations. To me, that family's tale came to a close. Focus on someone else.

[edit] And because I kind of don't want my own version of who those kids are spoiled, but that's just me hoping against hope.

Daisy Ridley is the closest to being an unknown, right? The rest have been in big movies (some in the same big movie, too bad they didn't cast Justin Timberlake so there could be a reunion of the "Hey, Mr. Kennedy" team from Inside Llewyn Davis) and were all familiar names to me.

Max Von Sydow is the big villain

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Let's not get too crazy here with such wild unfounded speculations.

I hope Luke does not have a kid, and that we never see Han and Leia's kids, leaving their identities (and existences) to our imaginations. To me, that family's tale came to a close. Focus on someone else.

[edit] And because I kind of don't want my own version of who those kids are spoiled, but that's just me hoping against hope.

I still don't see the point of having it be Episodes VII, VIII and IX if we're just going to focus on other people. If the Skywalker family story ended, why even have Luke, Leia, and Han in the movie?

I still don't see the point of having it be Episodes VII, VIII and IX if we're just going to focus on other people. If the Skywalker family story ended, why even have Luke, Leia, and Han in the movie?

Well, that's not my thing; that was George Lucas's thing.

I'm guessing through that Mandalorian chick on The Clone Wars. Satine, I think her name was.

Or through Siri Tachi (haha). Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dude had way too many love interests for an unattached Jedi. But, yeah, the only "canon" one is Duchess Satine. Unless..."Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth" and "Clone Wars Gambit: Siege" which are Clone Wars books (they have Ahsoka in them!!!] are considered part of the canon. In that case, there was that completely out of the blue Jedi Taria Damsin that the books strongly implied was a romance of his, too. So, there we are...two, TWO possible girlfriends, BWA-HA-HA!

[lightning/thunder]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.