CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror at the new title!

From everything I've read, it's just for marketing. It'll still be Episode VII in the crawl, etc.

I've been sitting at work for the past hour or so just jumping up and down in glee. Because this is actually happening.

I don't know how I'm going to react when they finally release a picture of Luke Skywalker. I might run around the office screaming.

At least I admit I have a problem.

From everything I've read, it's just for marketing. It'll still be Episode VII in the crawl, etc.

I hope so. Call me crazy but I think it really changes the nature of the sequel trilogy next three movies if they are "Episodes." Are they sequels? Spinoffs? Still part of the same story. (I'm not saying we're too stupid to figure that out on our own once we actually see the product, but it's one of those if it ain't broke don't fix it things)

Apparently they've actually dropped "Episode VII" from the title - and I think that is lame.

Good. Now I can be fully comfortable in not considering these new films canon. [Edit: Damn. Just read Mara's post. Oh well, it's still an IInfinities to me.]

Not worried at the name. If you think about it--and I know this is hard to wrap your head around since we all grew up with it and it's almost everyone's favorite--but The Empire Strikes Back is a pretty lousy title.

Are some of you surprised Episode 7 isn't in the title? I fully expected it not to be and would be surprised if it was. JJ is going old school, remember? Of course it will still be in the crawl. Sure I'm never around anymore but y'all act like this is your first day at Nightly.

I've been sitting at work for the past hour or so just jumping up and down in glee. Because this is actually happening.

I don't know how I'm going to react when they finally release a picture of Luke Skywalker. I might run around the office screaming.

At least I admit I have a problem.

I am absolutely thinking the same! Very excited to see our old favourites back, but with a lot of nervousness as well!

Don't mind the title - just saying that it's ok to be a force user again after the purge.

So hope this turns out ok! Saw a post on Twitter from Anthony Daniels saying something along the lines of "Everyone thinks ESB is the best sequel to a great film - wait until December 2015!"

So hope he is right!

It's so damn funny. When TPM was announced people hated it so much that they convinced themselves it was a false title and that the real title would be released later. ROTS was all "wow that's so dumb, it's so obvious, like somethig a fanboy would come ups with". It's a damn title, who cares.

As far as not having episode 7 in the official title? I like it. Back before TPM was announced i always figured that once the title was announced that it would take precedence over the number. I was kinda disappointed when it didn't.

As far as "canon" or whatever, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Who the hell cares? Accept what you want to believe really happened and what didn't happen, but always remember: NONE OF IT EVER HAPPENED.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.