CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Guest El Chalupacabra

Unless they add him for a cameo during reshoots I don't think so. Billy Dee is still campaigning and there's only a week or two left of production.

Do you have any info on why he was left out in the first place?

Unless they add him for a cameo during reshoots I don't think so. Billy Dee is still campaigning and there's only a week or two left of production.

Do you have any info on why he was left out in the first place?

I got no inside track beyond knowing that last night they were blowing some shit up on the backlot and that their catering is really nice. If I felt like getting fired I could walk through the stage door just outside my office and maybe see the Millenium Falcon...

Guest El Chalupacabra

I was just wondering if you happened to know if there has been any reasons given publicly why BDW was never asked to be in Ep7. It's just weird that he has been the most consistent in doing quasi role reprisals of Lando in doing video game and audio book voice overs out of all the other cast members.

My guess is that there wasn't room for him? JJ seems hellbent on recreating the feel of ANH, hes got the OT cast plus newcomers, maybe there just wasn't room? MAybe they want to echo the OT and have him show up In Episode 8?

That said, if there's a random General or Admiral at some point (and every SW has THAT beat) it could have easily been BDW as Lando.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.