CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

So...I heard Lupita Nyong'o and Adam Driver are assassins, possibly dark side weilders, and an elder and physically exhausted Luke has been chasing them or them chasing him. And something about resurrecting a powerful Sith...Max Von Sydow?

I'm okay with all this.

Episode VII, now even less Han Solo:

"The rumor is he’ll be sidelined for six full months — which means the movie’s either getting delayed or massively rewritten.

The potential news comes from the UK-based site Jedi News, who says sources told them of an emergency meeting ay Pinewood Studios thismorning to discuss how to handle Ford’s sudden unavailability. Since Ford’s Han Solo is reportedly the film’s lead, the only way to make its Christmas 2015 release date — which Disney has refused to move before — is to rewrite Ford’s scenes, or rewrite the script entirely"

http://io9.com/harrison-fords-injury-may-have-completely-screwed-up-ep-1594838394

This thread is for CONFIRMED news! Stop rumor mongering jerkfaces!

Rumors can go elsewhere!

I'm going to dispute that article because while I love io9, but I freaking loathe Rob Bricken. He takes an otherwise great media/news outlet and reduces it down to crappy fan rants with upworthy style headlines, he's a hack muckracker that writes terribly to get traffic and click-throughs.

What few leaks there have been from Pinewood have said no new script pages are expected and the schedule is minimally effected. Which means, Ford's part isn't that big despite everything else. The release date was already pushed once, and Disney won't do it again. Iger told his shareholders there would be a Star Wars movie in 2015. Abrams wanted to push a year, and he gave them 6 months so it was still in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate mixed aspect films (wide+IMAX). Here's why: It's crazy annoying to see the aspect change. It makes me suddenly see the screen. Pulls me right out of the moment.

Afterthought: It surprises me that JJ has used it and will again when he is such a "don't let them see the strings" / "the magic is all in the box" type of storyteller (but I suppose it's understandable if it's a studio directive, everyone has a boss).

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the detail of the worn paint. Obviously the same ship from earlier pics now finished. Again, love they are saying the X-Wing evolved into a new model, and are using McQuarrie concept art from ANH to realize it.

I also really like how, not only did the x-wing shift into a new model, but it actually seems like a natural change, unlike the way the prequels had ships progress from film to film. Sure, a number of those ships looked interesting, but it didn't necessarily seem like a logical transition.

The PT era ships were a disappointment for the most part. I LOVED the ARC fighter, but mostly because it looked like a forefather of the X-Wing. The Jedi Starfighters were lazy A-Wings. The drop ships were cool.

Something I really wanted to see that they didn't do,, but the TCW somehow read my mind and manifested was Y-Wings before they were stripped down hot-rod style.

I hadn't seen them in TCW. Then again, I kept getting sidetracked from watching it, so I only saw the first season, I think. Now that it is on Netflix and I am finished watching DS9, I'll have to try to go back and watch it. After looking for the Y-wing just now, I like what they did with it.

I actually liked the idea of the Jedi starfighter in AOTC. To me it seemed to be a precursor in form to a star destroyer than the A-wing, color scheme aside, but then the true precursors to the star destroyers show up from a completely unrelated source. The fighter from ROTS, though, is pretty much a completely different ship. It makes some sense since I imagine the AOTC-era one was more defensive-based rather than offensive, but it bothered me somewhat.

It's also clear that the ROTS-era ship was meant as a precursor to a TIE fighter, which is fine enough, but again they were all over the place with the lineage of that design after it popped up in Darth Maul's ship, then was completely abandoned for Dooku's vessel.

Ultimately, the designs just came out looking like they tried too hard. I think this is especially noticable now compared to this type of design. I liken this change to how car designs have changed over 30 or so years.

I watched it the first time and was like "Yeah, that's kind of neat."

The second time: "Okay, that's actually kind of cool. That's an X-Wing. From a new Star Wars movie."

All subsequent viewings: "Oh my God. New Star Wars movies. That's a freaking X-Wing! Oh my God! From new Star Wars movies! This is incredible!"

Something I really wanted to see that they didn't do, but the TCW somehow read my mind and manifested was Y-Wings before they were stripped down hot-rod style.

Those turned out really well. That manifested, for me, more of a connection between the PT and OT than a lot in the films.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.