CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Speculation based on the track list

The Jedi Steps are a physical location - stone steps on Skellig Michael and either Rey or Finn goes there to study with Luke.

• 2 weeks later...

http://io9.com/j-j-abrams-told-us-the-origin-story-of-star-wars-the-1747119292

This is a pretty good story about the process of writing the movie. I don't think we've really heard before and it's something I've wondered about in terms of how much of Arndt's script was in there.

Basically Arndt had a script which JJ liked but it was incomplete and had holes in it. Arndt said he would need 18 months to correct it, JJ and Disney didn't have the time, so JJ asked Kasdan to help him finish the script. Kasdan agreed to help write the movie but only if they started over. JJ said fine but added that he loved some of the ideas that were in Arndt's script and that many of them were used anyway. He specifically mentions Rey and Finn.

So seems like Arndt does have a major impact on the movie.

Yeah, I think Arndt choked to be honest, and wanted to take his time. THAT said, being in on a lot of negotiations-- you'd be shocked how long some writer's get to write scripts-- and how long it actually takes them.

I've gotten jobs specifically cause I can knock one out in a month.

But yeah-- I feel like Arndt choked.

Yeah he must have choked. I'm a fast writer too. I wrote the 90 page first draft of Down Time in 36 hours and my manager thinks it's good enough to sell with just a few notes. Rare, obviously, but you could BUILD A ****ing SPACESHIP IN 18 months.

As mentioned that's some George Martin shit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.