CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

At first I thought that poster was really bare-- perhaps the center panel of a triptych. But it was pointed out to me this is just a D23 exclusive. Still-- awesome for Drew to come out of retirement. I hope he does the theatrical poster too. It wouldn't be the same without it.

That's a very arbitrary thing. Green Mile felt 90 minutes. High School Musical (which clocks in at 87 minutes) felt four weeks long.

Yeah, but for every Schindler's List, there are 4 Transformer movies.

All I'm saying is running time is not something you can judge until you see the movie.

True, but there has also been a seeming increase in longer=better.

LotR worked despite Jackson. Locale + cast + story. But otherwise I agree.

Regarding runtime, the OT clocked in right around 2 hours and never felt too long or too short. And there are very few long movies that I enjoy, and they have to be pretty spectacular or I walk away feeling disappointed.

I would guess that it's more frequent that a movie could be made better by trimming that 20 minutes than leaving it in. For all of the major flaws with Age of Ultron (a movie that has increased my apprehension for TFA), I would not have been as annoyed if it was 2 hours or less. If you're asking for a time commitment, make it worth it. And I don't expect any Star Wars movie to be worth that time commitment, and it would involve really moving away from the simplicity that made the OT work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.