CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

I just counted 287 novels in the EU. Probably missed some so let's call it 300. 30 is 10%. Most scientific studies are happy with a 0.05% sample size.

Its just one fat guy's opinion though. I am a dick in general but I'm not trying to be a dick here. A little bit of a wiseass but not a dick. I'm not trying to hurt feeling .

It's not be a dick. It's called being a huge fan and having standards. I liked them when I was in junior high. I never grew out of SW but I definately grew out of the books.

This is exactly the kind of defensiveness I'm talking about. I hate repeating myself but the books turn me off because I insanely love Star Wars.

For me, everything hasn't lived up to the films. (This opinion is weighted heavily in favor of the Original Trilogy.)

I'll buy anything with "Star Wars" on it — '83 was a particularly remarkable year for consumption — from the novels, rpg's, video games, card games, and comics (I own at least one issue of every title), and, in the end, I've been burned let down every time. Daley came close. Zahn closer. It's like diet cola to me. Some people like diet cola, but I'm not going to care either way if someone else bags on it.

I'm the opposite. I enjoy the EU more than than the movies because, in many instances, it contains better stories and more interesting characters. Sure, some of it's trash, but it's just like life: some of it sucks, some of it's great.

By the way, the False Universe, or FU, as I call it (har) which Disney is building, seems to be off to an incredibly lousy start. So far, all of the books except for Tarkin are getting terrible reviews, even from hardcore Disney supporters. Does this remind you of anything? Like, possibly, the early EU? And what happens when the FU runs into the same problems as the EU in twenty or thirty years from now, namely being convoluted, tedious to read, and other such things? With they reboot once again?

Who cares what universe it is? Just read it for what it is and enjoy it or don't. Probably the latter but still.

And I know what the reply comment will be. I think a fresh start is a good idea which zerry won't agree with but I see it as a chance to keep things on track instead of letting things fall apart, which won't happen obviously.

And Lucas don't be so hard on yourself man.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW THEORY! THE ENDOR WAVE!

Jaku is actually Endor. It was just decimated as all the debris from the Imperial Fleet and Death Star feel to the ground, killing Ewoks, burning down trees and turning it to a wasteland.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.