CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Turning Luke into an anti-Luke would be boring.

I disagree! We need a little craziness. It doesn't have to be another Anakin thing. The Juniors always go eccentric and crazy. Look at Carnage, Scott Evil, Glenn from Seed of Chucky.

I'm actually fine with the idea of Luke being eccentric and kind of nutty, like the weird crazy uncle. (Because Mark Hamill would own that.) I mean, if you watch his background expressions in the OT, he's kind of hilarious already. But a hermit or evil? Nah.

Ugh, I'm so torn because I hate all the super duper Force powers of the prequels and the cartoons, but I'd be lying if I said a part of me didn't want to see Luke do all that stuff, too.

• 2 weeks later...

In the scroll, yeah. But "Episode #" being in the title and marketing only happened in the prequels. ESB and ROTJ were referred to as just that, or Star Wars: ESB and Star Wars: ROTJ, even though the episode titles were in the scrolls.

Hell, I still refer to the prequels more by the episode number as opposed to the title, probably because of that. I definitely do not, and I don't think anyone does, do that for the OT. I wonder how it'll end up playing out for the ST... so far I'm still more Episode 7 than TFA.

TRAILER DEBUTS ON FRIDAY

Of course one of the theaters is in San Diego when I'll be out of town. I mean I'm sure it'll be online in no time but COME ON. Anyone else nearby one of these places?

Irvine, CA Edwards Irvine Spectrum 22 & IMAX
San Diego, CA Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
Atlanta, GA Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
Chicago, IL Regal City North Stadium 14 IMAX & RPX
New York, NY Regal Union Square Stadium 14
Warrington, PA Regal Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 & IMAX
Knoxville, TN Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
Houston, TX Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 IMAX & RPX
Seattle, WA Regal Thornton Place Stadium 14 & IMAX

This isn't about fan service, or marketing even. This is about Regal trying to use geek fervor to their advantage buy being exclusive trailer rights and pumping it to places where they need a money bump. It'll be on the internet within days, legally or bootlegged, and in theaters wide within a week.

This is an attempt to drive people back to cinemas - by creating demand -

What it will actually do is encourage more people to pirate the trailer and post it online - and if you create that sort of environment for the trailer don't be surprised if it happens when the film hits theatres.

This is an attempt to drive people back to cinemas - by creating demand -

What it will actually do is encourage more people to pirate the trailer and post it online - and if you create that sort of environment for the trailer don't be surprised if it happens when the film hits theatres.

Exactly. As Mara said, it's 2014. A couple of people may drive out to some of those 30 cinemas in the US. The rest of the world will just download a shitty bootleg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze0t_fMORaw

I have to admit, for a moment I almost fell for this one. Ive never had a hard time spotting obvious fakes, but this one... I WANTED to buy it, but the pacing seemed amateurish.

If the sound mix had been better and the cinematography more professional I'd have bought it-- they have some assets here that I'm shocked at-- like old Luke in his robe-- that shot looked real.

Honestly what tipped me off was the poor cg of the chrome trooper and the x-wing designs being OG and not what we've seen a preview of.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.