CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

That was Uncle George. What the production really needs is Gary Kurtz and his anti-suck powers.

Arndt is a decent writer, but has taught Star Wars as a screenwriting study for years. Kasdan is hit or miss as his own auteur, but you can't deny him for ESB and Raiders alone. Two of THE best, most well known and celebrated movies from the golden age of 80s genre cinema/Amblin era are from him.

And, while Abrams may be hit or miss, even if you didn't like Super 8 you can't deny that he expertly recaptured the Amblin style in a way that even Speilberg can't seem to be able to do. If that math doesn't equal recapturing the OT Star Wars feel, nothing will.

I'll believe Abrams when I see it. Into Darkness left a very terrible taste in my mouth

Agreed. I am going into these new Star Wars movies with the idea they will suck worse than the PT. If I am wrong, then great, but I don't think much of JJ Abrams after STID, and the last couple botched seasons of Fringe. As far as I am concerned, he is in the same camp as Michael Bay and Roland Emerich, until he redeems himself and proves otherwise with these new movies coming up.

Abrams isn't innocent when it comes to STID, he certainly had input into the story and script-- but Kurtzman, Orci and Lindeloff are the WORST. They are the laziest writers, and I pin more blame on them.

Given the input of Arndt and Kasdan I have more hope.

I keep reading "STID" as "STD."

I was REALLY optimistic when Michael Arndt was the sole screenwriter. I should be optimistic about Kasdan, but it's hard for me to do so with all the behind-the-scenes stuff about what was changed from Arndt's script. Plus, not knowing how closely they're sticking to George's story treatments, considering he has several ideas I'm hell-bent against.

One thing's for sure--the eventual "Making Of" books for the Sequel Trilogy are going to be fascinating.

I should probably behave given that I'm a CBR employee and all...

Nahhhhhhh

I 'm thinking the odds of Jonah Googling "CBR employees trash-talk", finding this site, registering as "Jonah-Wan Kenobi", and starting a thread called "YOU'RE FIRED" are microscopic.

If it does happen, we should probably get our stories straight, make up some extra seedy stuff, and then go tell-all to Rich Johnston.

Casting news:

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015

Originally Executed by Driver

I don't want the movie to be stupid

That's all I want. I don't want fart or poodoo jokes. I don't want endless pandering to kids. I don't want midichlorians. I don't want a battle between Our Heroes and Hordes of Mandalorian Warriors.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.