CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jett said Episode VII would be based in part on original ideas handed by Lucas to Disney as part of the sale of LucasFilm. "I already know what happens," he said. "I'm happy with what's going to happen."

Take it for what it's worth, being it's The Guardian talking up quotes from Lucas' kid...

Star Wars sequels: George Lucas 'constantly talking' to JJ Abrams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess Adam Driver is (probably) playing the main bad guy in the next film. Didn't know who he was, but the first thing I thought of was Count Zarn from Starcrash. And if JJ's Trek films are anything to go by, I'm guessing he's out for revenge against Han, Luke and Leia.

"Count Zarn from Starcrash." Good grief, I love Star Wars but WTF?! I can't belieb I'm saying this but I hope JJ treats the EU with as much respect as he did Star Trek... no bloody Prime or Nu... Star Trek.

I generally have no clue what you're talking about, but I always enjoy reading it.

• 3 weeks later...

Every website ever is reporting that Abrams is looking to lean as far from the "heavily Caucasian" casting of the first six movies as possible. First thing I thought of was Lando. But anyway, that's his aim.As long as he makes sure the best actor for the respective roles is selected, and that's his most important criteria, then that's cool.

That said, the name Lupita Nyong'o is popping up today. I didn't see the movie that she did so well in. Somebody give the 411 if you would please, and what kind of role would she fit well into?

Guest El Chalupacabra

I guess Adam Driver is (probably) playing the main bad guy in the next film. Didn't know who he was, but the first thing I thought of was Count Zarn from Starcrash. And if JJ's Trek films are anything to go by, I'm guessing he's out for revenge against Han, Luke and Leia.

Sadly, I think you are probably right. As the old Mandalorian Proverb says, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

The more and more I think of how sh*tty a film Star Trek Into Darkness is, the more and more I hate the idea Abrams is in charge of the upcoming Star Wars movie(s).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.