Game of Thrones season 4

Darth Krawlie

One of the things GOT has going for it because of all the storylines is that you can have a few stories sort of in a holding pattern and yet still have plenty of other stuff to propel the season.

For instance, look at Sansa's story. Season 1 she is sort of tangently involved in the main storyline. Then seasons 2 and 3 she is sort of just being held hostage, not much going on. Then this season her story takes off. She escapes during Joffreys assassination, we find out Littlefinger is behind it, she has some great, tense scenes with her Aunt, she is involved with the murder of her Aunt, then we see her emrge dressed all in black, seemingly a woman grown.

Same thing goes for Dany, her story was great in the first 2 and a half seasons. Since then she is in a bit of a holding pattern, but I'd be willing to bet that at some point her story will get cooking again.

I guess I'm the only one not bothered by Dany's "holding pattern" this season? I will reiterate that "Book Dany" is superior to "TV Dany," but neither grate on me.

As a whole, season 4 was the best in my opinion. I think the budget may have been strained to the breaking point with the grandeur, because if there is one nit-pick I have, it is how some of the choreography and effects seemed clumsy and/or unfinished compared to earlier seasons. But as an extremely character-driven fantasy story, such flaws are forgivable and quite easy to overlook.

Charles Dance's Tywin will definitely be missed. From the start, he has owned virtually every scene has has been in.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The thing is Pong, I've noticed that whenever a character seems boring, they usually get interesting pretty quick (E Jon Snow, Hodor, Bran Stark, & Theon come to mind). Season 5 could have some great stuff ahead for Daenerys.

"... and Daenerys, a super hot queen obsessed with her dragons. She's out for revenge against the people who killed her family ... eventually ... one of these days ... can ... we just fast forward to that part?"

~ Honest Trailers, Game of Thrones

Yeah I get that. I know when I first started watching the series I was really excited to see her and horse mofos cross the ocean and attach Westros, then when that fell through I was excited to see her raise an army of her on to do the same thing. Maybe that will happen eventually, in season 26, but clearly the writer has other plans. And that's fine, its his story.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.