Game of Thrones season 4

Darth Krawlie

Curiosity got to me, but I think that character needs a slow-burn reveal, maybe mid-season.

Conversation can reintroduce the Brotherhood and its cruel new leader, perhaps in a small council meeting. Her fate can be explained in a few lines of dialogue. Maybe in her own pained, croaking words to Brienne.

Her role could easily be expanded if they wished. She, and the brotherhood, are doing stuff it's just not being told first person. They could choose to show their reign of terror if they wanted. I just think with the fact that Books 4 and 5 are essentially one book and season 5 ends in the middle of that book presumably (and there is no Red Wedding to give a huge climax like the middle of Book 3), they will need to sort of manufacture climaxes for the end of Season 5. Lady Stoneheart makes perfect sense.

Its kinda a weird thing, they kept Theon in the show mainly because they couldn't exactly be like "hey, Alfie, can you just chill for a couple years and wait till we need ya again?". Probably wouldnt work, if they kept Theon off the show and Alfie got a role on another successful show then theyd have to recast the part when they brought the chracter back.

May not be a problem here. My personal opinion is that Stoneheart will never play a huge part in the book or show, as far as being front and center for a lot of time. She may do some significant things, but I doubt they will ever need her to be a series regular again. So, they dont have to worry about that actress being on another show. Even if Michele Fairley is on another show she could likely film the few scenes needed for Stoneheart.

She might be fairly significant in the next unreleased book, but obviously too soon to tell.

Do you think George would give the show runners inside info on his next book before its released the way JK Rowling did with the movie makers before the HP7 novel was released? No way to know if he would, I'm just curious what you think.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Brienne TOTALLY pwned the Hound! I was surprised and thought she might have been killed, but I'm but glad to see her badassery in action! One of the truly heroic characters, besides Jon Snow, and Daenerys. It's great to be able to root for a truly "good guy" for a change, though the Hound is one of my favorite characters, and he will be missed.

the hound was an interesting character. i definitely understand he got what was coming to him and i think we all knew it was coming sooner or later. but yeah, definitely gonna miss him.

I haven't actually read them (I don't want to spoil myself for the show) but on some points I've spoiled myself on GOT wikis, but don't the books leave open the possibility of the Hound

....coming back for a cameo....maybe? Isn't that the big debate: Is the Gravedigger is really The Hound?

Oh, and Tyrion was pure awesome, as usual!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Daenerys? Am I the only one who would rather see her torn to peices by her own dragons rather than face her struggling with another moral conundrum in her court? Seriously. Is she not the most boring character ever?

I find her more interesting in the books. You have a teenage girl learning how to be a queen, making hard decisions despite having doubts, sometimes failing. She's got a good heart -- or at least she wants to be on the side she perceives as "good" -- but she's also got some anger issues and an ungodly sense of entitlement (see: teenage girl)

I think her character's actions and the character in general makes more sense in the books, and much of it has to do with her age. Aside from all the strong pragmatic reasons for making her older (child actors as main characters in a lengthy series... has it ever NOT been awkward?), Drogo knocking up some 14 year would instantly make him completely irredeemable to a good portion of the viewership, and HBO just can't help itself when it comes to showing off the boobies. This is not something I hold against Emilia Clarke btw; I think she is doing a fine job with what she has been given.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Am I the only one who doesn't like Daenerys? Am I the only one who would rather see her torn to peices by her own dragons rather than face her struggling with another moral conundrum in her court? Seriously. Is she not the most boring character ever?

I don't dislike her, but her last few episodes were pretty boring. I really liked the storyline when she obtained the Unsullied, and took back the dragons.

Dany is my least favorite aspect of the show and books. She's boring. Emilia Clarke isn't a great actor (unless she's speaking the made-up High Valyrian of course, which defies all explanation). IF her storyline would ever advance I'd start getting more interested but right now if I've been reading and I see a Dany chapter coming up, that's where I end for the evening.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah the unsullied part was good, as was the early dragon stuff, but for the majority of this season she did nothing to make her character endearing for me. She's getting a little big for her boots IMO.

The thing I took away from Daenery's story is that the crown of being Queen and liberator weighs heavily. Each decision she makes, has an unintended consequence. Each moral judgement isn't as black and white as she thinks it is. And she is learning all that the hard way. It's true it was a boring season for her character, but maybe in the larger story, this is the making of a truly good and just ruler, unlike her father the Mad King?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.