Game of Thrones season 4

Darth Krawlie

When I told my brother I didn't care about Ygritte's death, he said, and I quote, "You shut your wildling mouth." Seriously, was anyone invested in that relationship? I'm not sorry to see her go, though I'd trade her death for Gilly's in a heartbeat.

Totally with you on Ygritte. To sum up their "relationship": Jon thinks there's something more there cuz she's the first and only girl to let him in her special place; Ygritte thinks there's something more there cuz he's Jon Frikken' Snow. The end.

But G_d help me, I just like sad, whiny Gilly. No idea how George R.R. pulled that one off.

:confused:

At first, I was like "More Wall?" but it paid off. We're left in some good places with everyone's stories. Of course, Arya's is my favorite and she's finally on her own and at sea. "Valar Morghulis."

i'm going to post my thoughts on last nights season finale before i read everyone else's thoughts.

is it okay if i say that this is probably my favorite finale from GoT? because, i'm thinking it is. instead of mortifying and shocking, it was gratifying and...dare i say, hopeful? tyrion escapes, lives. Tywin got what was coming. Hound got his, too. And with Arya, her final scene was just fantastic. the entire time i was on the edge of my seat, thinking, 'shit, something is going to happen to arya', and nothing happened. she set sail to her next destination, and she was full of confidence and hope. definitely not an ending anyone expected, but pretty great anyway.

one more thing....the hound. good grief. that dude went out swinging in his scene with arya, yeah?

Epic.

Gonna miss the hound very much. Particularly since he was just standing up as guardian of Arya, like he was protecting dare I say a "friend". As though he genuinely cared for her. Poor old Sandor. Would have rather the fight went the other way to be honest. Brianne (though cool) was beginning to grate on me.

Bloody old Stannis Baratheon. What a dude. Definately one of my favs, the dark horse. And old Melesandre giving John Snow the glad eye through the funeral pyre. Brilliant.

Brandon. Meh. I know his storyline is a key, central thing to the over all tale, but I was finding his journey rather boring up until this point. I just hope it accelerates a little bit and he gets a little more interesting. If only so I don't have to watch him crawl on his belly through the snow to escape some peril at an agonising pace anymore. But it looks on the up and up so that's good.

Tyrian. What can I say? Awesome. Glad it could be him to do it, and in such an unceremonious location.

Arya = awesome.

Bring on season 5 already.

EW on The Hound and Brienne's fight scene:

In a show full of epic fights, this could be one of the best we've had (we can only hope Gwendoline Christie will get a scene with a lightsaber that's well staged in her mysterious role in the next Star Wars film ... in fact, if there isn't a doctored YouTube version of this scene with lightsabers instead of swords by the end of the week, the Internet will have failed me).

That pretty much sums up how I feel about that.

So...no Lady Stoneheart...thoughts? I haven't gotten far enough in AFFC to comment on her importance, but I was pretty shocked by her absence.

I don't see how to use spoiler text on my ipad so I'll try to artfully dodge this. I don't think we meet Lady Stoneheart until another character we've already met is brought before her. I think that will be the first time we meet Lady Stoneheart on the show.

Choc, for future reference (since there isn't a button) it is [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler] with the spaces removed.

And

Yes I agree, I thought Lady Stoneheart would have been an awesome final scene for the season because of the sheer WTF it would induce, but having thought about it, I think it will actually work better to introduce her when Brienne and her meet like Choc said above.

Let me give this a try

And yes, that makes the most sense. They need to reintroduce the brotherhood, either by directly showing them or even just by having them mentioned 2nd hand during Briennes travels. Sort of like "the brotherhood has changed, Dondarrian is truly dead. They have a new leader who is far more aggressive and violent." Then the last shot of next season is Stoneheart appearing, ordering Briennes death and Brienne screams out a word to save her life. End of season

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.