Mad Max Fury Road

I just got around to seeing Mad Max last night. Even with what you guys said about it, it was still different than I expected it to be. I really liked seeing a society on the verge of collapse, as you guys put it, rather than fully post-apocalyptic, but it often seeemd very disjointed to me while I was watching it. I think it was just because I was having trouble understanding what some/many of the characters, especially those in the biker gang, were saying because everythign made substantially more sense when I read a recap after watching it.

I'll hopefully be watching Road Warrior soon!

Glad you liked it - very different to the following two films, but sets the character up nicely.

You are in for a treat with Road Warrior, and I enjoyed Thunderdome a lot - I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I think its a damn good fun film!

I wonder if we will see any cameo's in Fury Road? Be good to see Bruce Spence pop up!

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the Road Warriorand really enjoyed it! Partly, I was able to understand what the characters were saying far more than in the first movie, but pretty much everything worked really well. I'm looking forward to watching Beyond Thunderdome at some point.

If you don't go into Thunderdome with huge expectations of greatness, you'll probably like it a lot. It was one of (if not the first) movies that I was ever "mad at" for not coming close to my expectations. But watching it years later, it's nowhere near the trainwreck I remembered it being, and despite its flaws, was actually a lot of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the rest of it, too, but the movie did change considerably right after I posted last night. In a way, it seemed similar to how Return of the Jedi was structured, just with desert kids instead of Ewoks.

After seeing these, I'm definitely looking forward to Fury Road!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it a few hours ago...frazzin' awesome! I totally pretended to be one of the drivers in this movie on the way home. The benefit of living in the desert!*

*Okay, the paved roads of Tucson probably don't count as desert driving. <_<

Loved this film! Visually stunning, the action is so well shot and all hangs together nicely. Just kept chuckling away whenever the dude on the guitar showed up!!

Reviews have been very good from what I have seen, so hopefully they make another. Good work from Tom Hardy as well - Charlize Theron is damn good and steals it for me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.