Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Wolverine

77 replies to this topic

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

Fleet Marine Force Navy Corpsman Veteran 91-00

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
Monday: Studios are reporting several revisions to their weekend numbers. Here are Monday's actuals, organized by distributor.

Fox
The Heat: $37,319,789
The Internship: $31,425,512
Turbo: $56,493,274
The Wolverine: $160,051,891

he Wolverine continues its strong overseas run, reaching a $160.2 million overseas total and a $255.2 million worldwide cume. The superhero spin-off earned $38.5 million overseas in a weekend without any new openings. Top performers for the film include Russia ($17.7M), the United Kingdom ($14.5M), Brazil ($13.9M), and Mexico ($12.5M). The film still has a dozen markets left on its relase schedule

source: Boxoffice.com

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Everyone wanted this movie to be awesome but it wound up a haf notch above Origins. That's about itttttttttttttttttttt

T

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
I thought it was immensely better than Origins.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Yo granny thong is immense work out low sodium great

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Well. I guess you told him...
  • El Chalupacabra +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
I really enjoyed it until the finale. The Silver Samurai showdown.

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Everyone wanted this movie to be awesome but it wound up a haf notch above Origins. That's about itttttttttttttttttttt

T

I do not agree/

It actually sits 3rd for me behind X2 and FC
Everyone has an opinion.

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,295 posts
I think this is by far my favorite X-men movie yet.

A minor nit-pic, but shouldn't Logan have been unable to remember the events of Nagasaki? Or any events pre-Origins for that matter? Or am I missing somthing?

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

I think this is by far my favorite X-men movie yet.

A minor nit-pic, but shouldn't Logan have been unable to remember the events of Nagasaki? Or any events pre-Origins for that matter? Or am I missing somthing?

It was many years later. If you remember in X2 he had to channel to remember the Weapon X program. So it slowly comes back little by little. He didn't really even know Yashida fully until he remember the WELL that they survived the bomb with. Slowly it comes back.

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,295 posts
Got it.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Honestly it seemed to me like he didn't fully remember it until he found the location.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
^ this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
So, poor editing? Was the prologue that necessary?

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
It set up the events to follow, so sure why not.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
I think was needed for the audience--the movie didnt have a frenetic first act and its technically an adventure movie-- so putting in that as an intro made sense.

I was fine with him remembering, both the comics and the movies have showed us his memories are fragmented, but he has got some of them back. It wasn't implicitly stated but after X2 it seemed like he remembered more of what Stryker did and Professor X was helping him recover memories-- by the time of this movie it's not far fetched to believe he had some recall of Nagasaki.

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
Ya, nearly every fan is upset because he isn't supposed to have memory. Please.....................????

This is over 25 years later since the events of XO:W

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,852 posts
Can we, as a fandom, just forget that Orgins even exists? It doesn't fit with all the other X-movies, and, frankly, it just pisses people off.
  • Ryn +1 this

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Can we, as a fandom, just forget that Orgins even exists? It doesn't fit with all the other X-movies, and, frankly, it just pisses people off.

Here Here!

Although there is TWO scenes I like in XO:W - The flashback stuff to all the wars and the raid with the "Special Unit" (that elevator scene kills me) . That's about it, lol

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
If you're gonna slight Origins you might as well slight this one, because they're both Hollywood rehashes of Wolverine sht done the wrong way. They aren't bad movies, but they both could've been a lot better.

Hey yo Biff: have you read the story this film was based on? If so do you think a more faithful adaptation would have made a better film y'all?
  • Ryn +1 this

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,295 posts

I personally never understood all the hate for Origins If your talking about continuity, First Class is the real black sheep of the x-men movie family.
  • Darth Krawlie and El Chalupacabra +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,719 posts
The only problem I had with Xmen Origins: Wolverine was probably the last third of the movie having Cyclops and Emma Frost in it. But so much more of it actually is directly lifted from Wolvie mythos, than not. Not saying it is a masterpiece by any means, but I liked it alright. Liked it far more than Last Stand, anyway. That was the only real total stinker of the X-films for me, anyway.

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

If you're gonna slight Origins you might as well slight this one, because they're both Hollywood rehashes of Wolverine sht done the wrong way. They aren't bad movies, but they both could've been a lot better.

Hey yo Biff: have you read the story this film was based on? If so do you think a more faithful adaptation would have made a better film y'all?

Are the Batman films faithful adaptions to the comics? Was the beloved "The Dark Knight" NOLANS is a GOD series even close? NO

So why? When it comes to Xmen (FANBOYS and girls) must have it as an exact science?

Anyhow, The Wolverine is not on the Origins level but there is actually more comic related stuff in "The Wolverine" than you realize.

Bar scene
Trains Fight
Bear scene
Ninja scene
WWII flashback scene
etc....

My order -

Xmen
Xmen2
The Wolverine
First Class
Xmen The Last Stand
XO:W

In terms of a story - The Wolverine, hands down......

LOOK! I cant make you like it...lol

Edited by Old Biff from the Future, 18 August 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
or CAN you..lol

Old Biff from the Future

Old Biff from the Future

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
337 Million World Wide according to Boxoffice.com

It still has not hit China and Japan.

It could finish at 400 million which would be good for film without Xmen in the title. However, it will not be nearly enough to garner a sequel, which was never going to happen anyhow since it was filmed as a one off.

The good thing about this film is that I will watch it many times over unlike Xmen Origins and Last Stand. The film is very well done in terms of actually having a story.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,852 posts

I personally never understood all the hate for Origins If your talking about continuity, First Class is the real black sheep of the x-men movie family.

That's true. They've both ****ed continuity into oblivion, but First Class was just a better movie. And after DoFP comes out, I think they'll fix it to fit right in. Doesn't sound at all like they're trying to fix Origins. Fox just wants it to disappear from our memories.

Reply to this topic