Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Wolverine

77 replies to this topic

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Hrmm! Going from the worst X-Men film to maybe the best? Looks WAY better than I was expecting...

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
I'm sold. Looks like a good way to redeem the name in the world of film.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Wow! This suddenly moved from the Marvel movie I'm least excited about to the most.
  • Rock and Stallion +1 this

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts
looks promising.

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 4,093 posts
I'm looking forward to this one, but is it just me or does that bullet train sequence look like Origins-level effects?

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Honestly, I could live with less than stellar effects if it had top notch plot, writing, and acting. Ideally, we want it all, of course, but of all the complaints about the last movie, there were much bigger problems than the effects.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts

I'm looking forward to this one, but is it just me or does that bullet train sequence look like Origins-level effects?

it's important to remember that FX aren't usually finished when the first trailers come out.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Then they shouldn't use those effects in the trailer. It's a bad look. Literally.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
eh, they do it all the time.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
It's funny, I remember the first Iron Man trailer having some shots-- like when he shoots the tank, that looked totally different in the final movie, and was all FX AREN'T DONE, IT'S COOL!

I also remember thinking that for Wolverine: Origins and it not being the case!

Edited by Driver, 01 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts

It's funny, I remember the first Iron Man having some shots-- like when he shoots the tank, that looked totally different in the final movie, and was all FX AREN'T DONE, IT'S COOL!

I also remember thinking that for Wolverine: Origins and it not being the case!

I distinctly remember that shot from Iron Man as well!

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Looks fun... They have my $8.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

wearing out welcome since 2009

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts
So is this correct and that The Wolvierine is actually taking place post-Last Stand, and is going to have Famke Jannsen in it?

http://en.wikipedia....olverine_(film)

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
From everything I've read/seen/heard online it is post Last Stand and Wolverine is sad and broken because he had to kill Jean. The trailer implies her cameo is for a dream sequence.

Or, if they really wanted to get technical-- Jean's Phoenix power means she never really dies. It's possible some part of her psychic force is communicating with Logan and he just thinks it's a dream.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
I can't decide about this movie. A few years ago I'd have gone no questions asked. I would like it to be good, just not sure it will be!

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts
I was hoping they would follow the comics somewhat, and retcon the Dark Phoenix as a doppelganger. But I guess that can be saved for an xmen movie.

Just think its cool they have Famke in this one, regardless, though.
  • Cerina +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
They still could do that! Or, bring her back as Madelyn Pryor if they really want to make things crazy.
  • Cerina +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

They still could do that! Or, bring her back as Madelyn Pryor if they really want to make things crazy.

I would be for that, too, but I think they may believe that too confusing for some casual viewers. Madelyn Prior was like a retcon on top of a retcon.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Well if they ever decide to bring in Mr. Sinister as a villain, Madelyn can be what she was ultimately revealed as-- a clone made by him to try and tap into Jean's omega level power.

In fact, a GREAT twist would be if the X-Men discovered a cloned Scott and Madelyn living in suburbia somewhere, with no idea of who they are cloned from, all an elaborate set-up for them to have their super-mutant baby.

Maybe that's the plot for the X-Force movie.
  • Cerina +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts
My inner Xmen mythos geek would love to see something like that.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
That's what I've always wanted - but personally I donkt think Scott has to be a clone, because his death was always implied and never actually shown.

SINISTER!

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
If Jean left him for dead and Sinister swooped him up and blanked his memory? SOLD!
  • Exodus +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Ever seen Scott from the animated series take down Sinister when he felt the line was crossed? Pure awesomeness, and he could use that type of thing because he's always been a bit of a bitch on-screen.

btw I think I've read somewhere that there's something in this movie, maybe end credits, that ties The Wolverine to DoFP.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,625 posts

btw I think I've read somewhere that there's something in this movie, maybe end credits, that ties The Wolverine to DoFP.

These days, I would be surprised if a Marvel Movie was made WITHOUT a tie in!

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
I had heard that DOFP started production well after Wolverine and they made sure it was standing on its own.

In fact, I'm a little dubious that Wolverine is the lead of DOFP given that it seems things were well under way before he was announced as joining in.

Reply to this topic