Lucas1138

I'm srue this is pointed out in the article but BEN AFFLECK ALREADY PLAYED GEORGE REEVES IN THAT ONE MOVIE zomg mindblown plus he was Jack Ryan too in Fear of all Sums

The Human Torch is Captain America, Green Lantern is Deadpool, now Daredevil is Batman?! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER

It's worse. Green Lantern is not only Deadpool he's also Hannibal King. Kingpin and Kilowog have the same voice. Catwoman and Storm! Harvey Dent is simultaneously somehow Lando Calrissian as well as a general during World War II in the Captain America movie. Terrence Stamp is both Zod and Jor-El as well as being Stick, Daredevil's mentor. Lex Luthor and the Flash have the same voice plus Lex Luthor's dad is also minor Batman villain the Floronic Man. Iceman and Jimmy Olsen, too.

I have a theory that the movie version of the comics is actually heading towards an Amalgam sytyle mishmash of both universes and someday we'll get IRON LANTERN and SUPER SOLDIER films.

And how about a BLUE batsuit?

yesplease

I think you have to have a certain presence to pull off Bruce Wayne, kind of a quiet intensity (much like what Daniel Craig brought to James Bond). I'm not saying Affleck can't pull it off, but he certainly isn't the first guy I would've thought of. I was pulling for Josh Brolin.

I'm kinda getting tired of the 'well what about Heath Ledger Joker casting?' thing. It was an anomaly. I know it's nice to reserve judgement, or to be able to say "I told you so" if something exceeds expectations... but I think it's pretty clear what kind of performance we're going to get from him; a middle of the road Kilmer or Clooney style Batman.

Not an anomaly. There was a lot of wtf around Keaton's casting -- and he's still the best one. Every subsequent film, good and bad, is built on his foundation.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Keaton was an awesome Batman. As Bruce Wayne... not so much, IMHO. That is where Bale edges Keaton out for me, because he was good at both. Well, in the first two, anyway. Didn't care for TDKR.

As for Afflek, he definitely never came to mind for me. But then again, wasn't exactly terrible as Daredevil, which is a Batman-like character. Maybe since he is a little older now, and has a little more acting experience, he can do a decent job as Batman. Oddly,. I thought before all this, he might be a good choice as a re-cast Hal Jordan Green Lantern.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Despite his history and all the FB feed freakouts (universally negative), I really have no expectations one way or another.

:shrug:

That sums up how I feel, too.

I didn't think Keaton was a good Batman. I think people were able to overlook the miscasting so they could watch Jack do his thing and just be glad they had a Batman movie. You wanna get nuts let's get nuts blah blah beatle juice thank u fr going away.

I guess I should clarify, I'm not interested in this batman/superman project at all. I'll only have a problem with the Affleck casting if they keep him around for solo Batman films. I mean, I guess they probably will if it's successful, but I would really like a separate Batman universe, apart from this team-up, Justice League stuff that they're trying to do.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I guess I should clarify, I'm not interested in this batman/superman project at all. I'll only have a problem with the Affleck casting if they keep him around for solo Batman films. I mean, I guess they probably will if it's successful, but I would really like a separate Batman universe, apart from this team-up, Justice League stuff that they're trying to do.

The only interest I have is to see how much of a train wreck it will be, but Affleck probably won't technically do a bad job acting ( I am no Affleck fan, just saying he isn't the world's worst actor), but the perception will be that he is worse than Bat-Nipple Clooney, due to the insanely rabbid fanboy backlash.

Guest Lotus1225

Hmmm, I kinda liked Daredevil ... my mind is trying to sort out and remember all the Batmen: Clooney, Kilmer, Bale and Keaton. But I guess, I was too young then to really remember. :) Though in my mind, Keaton did stand out. As for Affleck, it's a surprise but I'll give him a chance... Is Jennifer going to be Catwoman? :D lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.