Lucas1138

Just showed this to my kids. My 10yo daughter's reaction, "So like who's supposed to be the good guy in this?" lol

That's a fair question. When I saw this trailer, it made me think Batman is not a good guy. It's strange. Confusing. I saw the part where you guys are talking about the outfit jokerized, but it did not click with me that it was Robin's. I am going to have to watch again.

Exactly, he can be thrown through multiple buildings unscathed and yet we're supposed to feel some kind of drama/conflict in Batman throwing punches at him. This is going to be like a 2 1/2 hour version of that "IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU!! waahhh!!!" scene from Batman Forever

There's clearly kryptonite in the BvS trailer. And let's face it, Batman and Superman will slug it out on a mostly equal level, somehow, but neither is going to defeat the other. Obviously Batman will come around to Superman. They'll have bigger problems to face together.

Just watched the trailer again, and I have to say, I'd be nervous with this nigh-omnipotent Superman standing in the middle of a Congressional committee. He's already demonstrated incredible destructive power, and though he's on "our" (America's? Humanity's?) side, what if he lashed out in a fit of frustration? Or hell, just had a super-sneeze? He'd destroy the room and most of the people in it!

Yeah, given that the main complaint with any Batman/Superman showdown is how Superman would grind him into dust, I'm assuming the writers are aware of that and will level the playing field somehow. :shrug:

I still can't say I'm super hyped up for this movie, but this trailer actually helped. I was totally unimpressed with the previous teaser footage, but I thought this was pretty neat.

I don't think we'll see it, but I'm sure it will be referenced. Afleck has talked a ton about how this Bruce Wayne is dark and brooding and kind of a beaten, angry, old(er) man. I'm sure that'll be set up.

Plus we saw footage of Thomas and Martha Wayne being gunned down - which can be added to the supercut - for the hundreds dozens ones(?) of people that will see this movie unfamiliar with Batman's story. Don't underestimate what can be shoved into the movie lol

I think the Robin costume is likely nothing more than an easter egg. Just something to establish there is history for this Batman that we won't see in the film.

I feel like it's more than an easter egg-- it's a motivator. It's something for him to stare at. Remember in the comic, the point of divergence from continuity was that Bruce Wayne quit being Batman after Jason Todd was killed. That costume on a display carries a lot of weight, and I think we'll see Batfleck looking at it and reflecting.

MAYBE there's a chance of a Joker memory/flashback if they snuck it into the schedule of Suicide Squad. Maybe not-- but that newspaper clipping with the writing on it feels like a match to the spraypaint on the costume.

It's also interesting that when they get to solo Batfilms that having Jason (the least known Robin to the masses) be the dead one would give us Nightwing already as Nightwing and leave the opportunity for Carrie, Tim or Damien.

• 3 weeks later...

Plus we saw footage of Thomas and Martha Wayne being gunned down - which can be added to the supercut - for the hundreds dozens ones(?) of people that will see this movie unfamiliar with Batman's story. Don't underestimate what can be shoved into the movie lol

I had the same thought. I would bet real cash dollars that we will have a series of Batfleck flashbacks at one point, telling both Batman's origin and battle stories. Maybe as he is walking though the BatSuite staring at various objects, like seeing the Joker killing Jason while looking at Robin's suit, seeing Thomas and Martha die while staring at some other McGuffin.

Most of the stuff fits into what I was already picturing, but the one thing I can't wrap my head around is the desert scene, Supertroopers and Batman's Gotham By Gaslight costume. We see Batman snapping one of their necks, the Super Troopers shooting people with automatic weapons and it looks like Superman has no problem with this ad he walks right by them, as they kneel at his approach and just walks by. I'm thinking it has something to do with Wonder Woman's deal.

• 3 months later...
looks incredibly stupid and terrible and insulting which oddly enough threw me in the 'will definitely see in theaters' camp for the first time since they've been talking about this movie

Still in the "this looks stupid and terrible and insulting" camp. No longer in the "will definitely see in theaters" camp.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.