Lucas1138

• 3 months later...

Personally I don't care if it's overly dark, overly long, devoid of humor, or depicts Bats and Supes in unconventional ways. I just like the spectacle of it.

Then again I'll probably wait for it to come out on video because I think Lex Eisenberg is gonna annoy the sht out of me.

What's with the growing trend of superheroes fighting each other, btw? In addition to BvS, we've got the Civil War movie coming up, and even though the new X Men file has Apocalypse as the bad guy three of his horsemen are traditionally X Men (even though Angel was with Apoc in the comics for a while). I can only assume that there's just more box office appeal to put heroes against other heroes rather than put heroes against villains, but it's getting kind of old to me.

I can only assume we have the Avengers to blame for that, because in that film we got Hawkeye vs. Black Widow, Thor vs. Iron Man, Thor vs.Cap, and Thor vs. Hulk before they all just dropped it and destroyed NYC together.

Yeah, it's more interesting when it's two people fighting over differences on how things should be instead of one being evil and doing bad things just because. I think this is why the Xavier/Magneto rivalry is so good, you can understand where both of them are coming from.

All good points, but I think Driver said it best. My concern is that if this keeps up they'll run out of ideas, because there's only so many times you can watch good guys scrap and then hug it out.

If BvS is a success then we'll get a Justice League movie that pits them against a bad guy that non comic fans don't know, and of it doesn't we'll get more Batman flicks against the same Bat villains we've seen a million times.

Maybe that's the rationale behind Suicde Squad, because it'll introduce new villains they can use later.

NOBODY knew who the **** Iron Monger was before Ironman, including me. Didn't hold that movie back. So I don't buy that.

To be fair he is never referred to as Iron Monger in the movie. Whiplash was never called that as well. Just Vanko. The only Iron Man villan referred to by name was The Mandarin and we know how that turned out.

I'm just saying most of the Marvel movies have done a good job setting up good villains within the 2 hour format even thoygh we aren't familiar with them.

The problem? They INSIST on killing most of them off after one movie. Which brings us back to why they have to them have heroes fighting each other.

I wasn't saying that it can't be done-- Marvel has proven they will take those chances. But no one else is. Ask the average person to name a Superman villain and you'll get Lux Luthor and probably Zod. MAYBE if they watched Superfriends as a kid they'll know Bizarro.

Beyond that-- I doubt anyone will have anything to say.

Marvel is Marvel and they stick by their IP and use comics people to advise. WB and Fox want to compete so they cast as wide of a net as they can.

I would love to see a superhero flick where the bad guys win. Not wins as in it is a cliffhanger where the hero overcomes in the sequel, but wins as in the movie ends with Luthor impaling Supes with a kryptonite spear and the credits role.

There is a reason why we'll be getting back to this post later.

Just saw it. Honestly, most reviews are pretty kind to it. There is a kind of trailer for Justice League in the middle of the movie. You might think I'm being hyperbolic. I am not. The movie stops for a minute so that the characters can watch a teaser trailer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.