Lucas1138

Guest El Chalupacabra

So this REALLY should be titled Batman VS Superman VS Wonder Woman until Doomsday Appears?

Only thing I REALLY liked was superman saying "if I wanted it you'd be dead already." I'm glad that's being acknowledged.

Lex was God awful.

This movie looks God awful.

It still looks really just thrown together. Like, oh look, Clark and Bruce meeting, lol, that's so funny! A reporter talking to a billionaire? Incredible! Hey, they're fighting and Superman must be really holding back because Barman is still conscious after 5 seconds!

Hey, it's Doomsday!

And oh, Wonder Woman! Just because!

It's like if they had done the Avengers movie right after the first Iron Man. :|

Doomsday, really? That trailer crossed into straight up parody by the end. What a cluster****.

And honestly, just slap some Joker makeup on Jesse Eisenberg, cuz that's all he's doing.

Complaints aside, I'm really warming up to Batfleck.

Doomsday, really? That trailer crossed into straight up parody by the end. What a cluster****.

And honestly, just slap some Joker makeup on Jesse Eisenberg, cuz that's all he's doing.

100% what I was thinking. Obviously, you are a man of class and a supra-genius.

Jesse's Lex is actually a pretty spot on Max Landis imitation.

I actually love the new Superman. The old Superman sucks and belongs in the 50s. This is why Superman Returns failed so badly.

I really don't get all of the Man of Steel hate. I thought it was great. The trailers for the new one look a little weird, and they're definitely giving too much away, but it might be good.

I don't mind the new Superman either. Similar to the destruction of New York in Avengers, I was astounded by the carnage in the first film but on reflection it's more believable than guy with all those powers and enemies having zero repercussions.

That said, not liking this second trailer. Hopefully what we've seen from Lex so far is his professional/billionaire/geek/eccentric mask and we get to see some underlying menace in the movie.

How could Superman take any time off to save a cat in a tree when he had his hands full with Zod? The only reason why he was able to save anyone in Superman II is because Zod left him alone for a moment to bemoan how Superman "actually cares for these people." The Zod in MOS didn't give him that opportunity.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, cluserf*ck indeed. I already hate this movie. From the preview, Doomsday seems like he is created from Zod's dead body by the flamboyantly chipper Lex Luthor, with hair by Revlon.

That rendition of Lex Luthor is so out of character, it's not even funny. This guy looks like Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. They should have hired Brian Cranston, or someone with similar screen presence, instead. Luthor is more like a Bond villain that should be as intelligent and calculating, as he is ruthlessly evil.

Batfleck looks like he could be supes' dad in this one. Cavill as Supes is OK, or at least better than the Brandon Routh version, but MOS just hosed everything up where I can't take him seriously.

I actually love the new Superman. The old Superman sucks and belongs in the 50s. This is why Superman Returns failed so badly.

I really don't get all of the Man of Steel hate. I thought it was great. The trailers for the new one look a little weird, and they're definitely giving too much away, but it might be good.

Really? Besides the fact that the ENTIRE MOS movie was a steaming mountain of monkey sh*t devoid of a coherent story and likable characters with nothing but superpowered beings mindlessly kicking each others' heads in through skyscrapers for 145 minutes, I suppose you have a point? The only impressive accomplishment MOS has to its credit is how a movie with so many good actors like Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Russel Crowe, and Lawrence Fishburne can suck so hard. If you liked that trash, then you should love Batfleck VS Superdouche, because it looks like it's more of the same, times 10.

I just like to look at MOS as putting Superman in a situation that he's not normally in. The usual stories allow him to be the squeaky clean hero, but what happens when he's up against a foe where he has to get a bit dirty in order to win? To me it's a refreshing change.

Well the goody goody act wouldn't fly today. I think what pressed on young Clark was the fact that he had the ability to help people, yet his father kept telling him not to. Even if it meant someone had to die. Now as Superman he has the power to help people, yet it still isn't good enough for everyone. "You got my cat out of the tree, but you tore down the tree to do it!"

Yeah Tex. Your opinion is WRONG!!!

Chalupacabra was responding to "I really don't get all the Man of Steel hate", that's not an opinion.

The real question should be, are these Superman stories that need to be told? And also, the boyscout thing can be done well, as evidenced by Captain America.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.