Lucas1138

If the trailer achieves one thing, its that it really doesn't give us anything. Seeing as its a teaser and is still a full year away from being released its not a bad thing. The one thing it did give us is what I like to think is an "our world" view of a superhero. "We're done railing on Lebron who can we go after.........oh yeah that Superman guy!"

One of the things that bug me, and it bugs me in every DC story because it is a staple, is the statue of Superman.

Superman wouldn't want that. He'd speak out against the idea. He'd say that money should be spent elsewhere to help people.

I know why DC keeps using it though, helps to set up their Godhood storyline they just love to shoehorn on Superman since the 80s. Which is also what they are doing again here obviously. Didn't they hear one of the big complaints about Superman Returns was SuperJesus imagery? This is tired. He's Superman not Godman. He's not even an Atlas, Superman can smile.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Brian Cranston could do Lex Luther.

He would be my first choice, too.

Arnold Vosloo would probably make a decent Luthor, as well.

Not sold on the idea of Khal Drogo/Ronon Dax as Aquanet. Basically, when you have to reinvent a character from the ground up to make him cool, and change him so completely, makes me wonder if he should even be in it. I think Mamoa would have been a better choice for Lobo.

I'm not too excited about this movie, but I think I'm sold on Affleck as batman

I have to admit, I am too. He may actually be better than Bale. DC going dark doesn't bother me. Being joyless to the point of nihilism, absolute cynicism, and despair, does. But if it ends on a positive note, which I assume it will, it might be fine:

The thing that kind of bothers me about this movie is I am not sure what the film is trying accomplish (or be more of):

a) be a sequel to Man of Steel

b) be a quasi-adaptation to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, centered around a Bats VS Supes slugfest

c) be the origin movie for the justice league

d) be the origin movie for Wonder Woman and Aquanet

e) all of the above

If it is E, then that seems to me too much for a single movie to try to be, and seems to spread itself awfully thin. I'll give it a chance, but really, at this point it's hard for me to get worked up over ANY comic hero movie. The market has been flooded, and they are a dime a dozen now.

I'm guessing people who are against Superman will change their minds, or at least their focus, once other "god-like" beings start showing up. Why bother focusing on him when you have Wonder Woman and Aquaman running around? :p

The statue thing is okay, I think, there was one in the comics, too. Pre-Flashpoint, anyway. But you'd think they would have waited until he had been around longer or at least died once!

Superman wouldn't want that. He'd speak out against the idea. He'd say that money should be spent elsewhere to help people.

True. If they're smart, at some point the statue will be addressed with Superman indicating that he doesn't want or even like it.

I don't think it's a hopeless idea. People want Godman, even if all they get is Superman, so it makes sense it would be built. It's how Superman handles/reacts to it that will make it a good or bad device.

Decent trailer. Doesn't really show or say much, but I like those suits... which is a lot more interest than I had, say, 4 months ago.

I have to commend DC for basically not doing exactly what Marvel did and having all their characters have an origin story and then come together for the Justice League. I like that they kinda started from one spot and are moving out from that spot. But they've done just a horrible job with this whole thing. I didn't even see Man of Steel. Now part of that is that I don't like anything I've ever seen of Snyder's but if the movie looked good at all I would have given it a chance. It just didn't look good at all.

Now this trailer is so short it doesnt give away much, but still I don't like the looks of it. I mean you have the 2 most popular and loved comic book heroes of all time and this movie is seemingly making them both into quasi bad guys. Superman is disliked and distrusted for his powers. Batman seemingly has gone too far in his brutality towards criminals and isn't really a hero either.

aside from zod who was just the dweebiest genocidal maniac in the history of all filmkind, the handling of pa kent, and

having godman deliberately kill someone so early in his super career

i actually liked man of steel. no really, i did. the biggest disappointment wasnt that it was terrible, it was that it chose to be merely entertaining when there were so many obvious opportunities it missed to be jawdroppingly awesome. i dont regret the time i spent watching it one bit, but damn how did it manage to misfire so many times?

Color wasn't the problem, but it was a big symptom. Snyder is a 90s goth kid who hasn't gotten over the fact that the 90s ended.

• 2 months later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

New EW pics that were released last week:

Someone please tell me why Lex Luthor looks like Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds.

Superman has his own private army? Oh my. Perhaps more like Lex has his own private army of Supermen. I have a feeling both cloning and time travel exists in this story. The end will be the beginning and the heroes will get it right with that second chance, moving forward with the Justice League.

^Yeah, at about 2:40 there are a bunch of guys with S-shields on their shoulders fighting Batman as he emerges from a bunker (wearing a jacket, for some reason - must be a comics reference).

Time travel strikes me as unlikely in BvS. Flashbacks, sure, but not time travel. Not impossible though, I suppose.

The BvS universe already has dimensional/interstellar travel, time travel is in that same wheel house of science fiction. The DC Universe proper and it's various adaptations are full of time travel as well. The BvS Universe is also bringing in The Flash, who's modern lore is based around time travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.