Lucas1138

From what I understand the Rock has been cast as Black Adam.

That has been confirmed (by him), but what isn't clear is what movie Black Adam will be in. Some are speculating that since, as you allude to, there isn't much confirmation of a Shazam movie, that Rocky's BA may be a foe for Superman.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/09/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-has-revealed-the-role-hell-be-playing-in-the-dc-cinematic-universe/

We dont know if theres a script, we dont know whos playing the Big Red Cheese or his alter ego Billy Batson, theres definitely no hint as to whos directing it. Heck, we dont even have a release date.

If I had to offer a guess, thats because a Shazam! movie actually isnt in the cards yet. Black Adam can go toe-to-toe with Superman, after all, and thats actually something Justice League desperately needs if the movie is going to make any sense whatsoever.

What I said earlier was from reading this article which now has a p.s. update that a Shazam movie has been confirmed.

I need a new source.

I joked on Facebook that they are Nerf Guns, but seriously they don't have to shoot bullets at all. They could shoot anything from oil slicks to retardants to quick hardening foam or even Groove Ooze like in Ghostbusters 2. It probably does shoot bullets, but yeah...

Afterthought:

My son says there is a rumor that more flashbacks happen in this film, possibly during the climax of MoS. Perhaps Bruce is in Metropolis when that happens, he has to escape a crumbling building, saves some citizens and then hops in his stashed Bat-Mobile. He then uses those Adaptive Cannons to put out fires with retardants and stabilize smaller collapses with quick hardening foam etc. That'd be a neat scene, IMO.

• 3 months later...

My 16 yo son has liked Jared Leto's music for awhile, got him 4 albums for Xmas, so he thinks it's cool that Jared is now The Joker. As my son geekily talked about Leto as The Joker he transitioned to him fighting Batben. Because his first exposure to Batman was Keaton's films he started talking about who the new parents of Bruce could be and if we might see Leto's Joker kill them. This eventually became a casting session, my son is my son no doubts. As we geekily chatted we settled on Michael "Eddie and the Cruisers" Paré and Mimi Rogers as If They Mated style parents of Ben Affleck. lol

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.