Lucas1138

loving the new batmobile. like seth said, it's a cross between burton's and nolan's. my 2 favorite batmobiles.

not sure what i think about the suit. kudos to them really trying something different, with the suit, though. love the small ears.

is it the lighting, contrast, depth perception or is batman just fat?

Thinking Bats is fat in that photo is like thinking Chris Reeve was skinny. Bats appears beefy, bulky, different than what we last saw... but then Bale's first Bats was beefy too. Just compare Begins to Rises.

I like everything about the pics so far, would prefer less-humvee-dragster and more sleek sports car but whatevs. Also hoping for the classic Blue/Grey suit color scheme.

Overall: Looks like the Arkham video games.

Batsuit and Batmobile mostly revealed!

attachicon.gifbatmanbatmobilesmall.jpgattachicon.gifbatmanvssupermanbatmobilesmall.jpg

My THT thoughts...

Batmobile:

- looks like it's in the same design sense as the Burton/Schumacher era with Tumbler styling

- I'm over the dragster and or tank look, I was hoping for a leaner high performance vibe

Agreed; I was not fond of the oversized, plastic kiddie toy look of the Burton car. The Nolan tumbler was underwhelming. Its just a military vehicle painted black. Batman deserves a car that is just as out of the ordinary (but eye-catching) as the character is among the population.

I have no complaints. Love the suit, love the car. Weeeiirrd... Ok, I do think the chest logo is a bit too thick and block-y. That suited Miller's Fatman just fine, but on a fitter Batman silhouette it's borderline comical.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Or nu-KITT, I suppose. They probably have that in the comics by now for all I know, but I haven't read them in like almost 2 decades.

Probably. I think there's a lot of people for whom the seminal The Dark Knight Returns isn't a personal touchstone (or, maybe, they've never even read it) and so this look isn't the sort of the thing they recognize/anticipate.

Guest El Chalupacabra

If you are going to go with a retro car, I vote for a black, modded 1959 El Dorado.

Of course this is a stock looking one, but imagine the possibilities!

and for the low profile look suggested by Pavonis...

Future entries in the series will include Justice League: Dusk of Valor; Justice League Worldwide: Twilight of Victory; and Justice League Maximum: Breakfast of Righteousness.

And Wonder Woman will be limited to three lines and eight ounces of clothing per film.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.