Lucas1138

I'm willing to give Ben the chance and hope for the best. Hey, he's got the right hair style.

If he chooses to keep it that way. He could decide to sport his groovy Argo locks and there's nothing they could do about it 'cause he's Academy Award Winner Ben Affleck.

I think they should keep casting against type, just to mess with fan expectations:

Channing Tatum as Gordon

Emma Thompson as Alfred

Vin Diesel as the Joker

Jaden Smith as Robin

Rebel Wilson as disposable love interest #2,007

Tommy Lee Jones as Chief O'Hara

the Rock as King Tut

...I want to see the internet weep blood.

Guest Lotus1225

I think they should keep casting against type, just to mess with fan expectations:

Channing Tatum as Gordon

Emma Thompson as Alfred

Vin Diesel as the Joker

Jaden Smith as Robin

Rebel Wilson as disposable love interest #2,007

Tommy Lee Jones as Chief O'Hara

the Rock as King Tut

Oh nooooo! What sorcery is this?

The majority of movie-watchers don't like the idea of Ben Affleck playing the new Batman. Many fans are responding unfavorably to the recent casting news, according to a poll on the "Los Angeles Times" website. Only five percent of respondents said that the Oscar winner was their favorite casting for the superhero. The overwhelming majority preferred "Dark Knight" actor Christian Bale in the role of Batman. Seventy percent of respondents voted in favor of Bale. The second most popular Batman portrayal was from Michael Keaton, who got 15 percent of the votes. Six percent said they liked the original Batman, Adam West. George Clooney and Val Kilmer both were the most disliked in the role, each receiving only one percent.

###

Source Entertainment/pt/pd/am/kt

Copyright © 2013

Metro Networks Inc.

08-26-2013 00:17:51

Guest Lotus1225

Not so sure casting Jaden Smith as Robin is against type. I'd be all for that. Any of the Robins. I think he'd do it and do it awesomely.

Jaden would make a better Robin than Matt, I think. Coz for me, Robin's a Karate Kid!

Hmmm, I kinda liked Daredevil ... my mind is trying to sort out and remember all the Batmen: Clooney, Kilmer, Bale and Keaton. But I guess, I was too young then to really remember. :) Though in my mind, Keaton did stand out. As for Affleck, it's a surprise but I'll give him a chance... Is Jennifer going to be Catwoman? :D lol

Oh man, would that be nice.

Channing Tatum as Gordon

the Rock as King Tut

Yes, you're joking (SPOILER ALERT SORRY) but I could definitely see a young Lt. Gordon ala the Miller Mazzuchelli Batman Year One being played by Charming Potato and I would definitely love to see a King Tut on the big screen. Two definitelys!

Dream-I-am-in-charge-of-movies casting :

the late John Neville as Alfred Pennyworth

Miguel Ferrer as Lex Luthor

Pruitt Taylor Vince as Harvey Bullock

Rosario Dawson as Renee Montoya

Vin Diesel as Metallo

Rafe Spall as The Joker

Guest El Chalupacabra

I

the Rock as King Tut

Hold on! If anyone plays King Tut, it better be Steve Martin!

Yay! I think Timothy Dalton would rock that role, specially if they want to display a bit of Alfred's secret skills.

This is shaping up. Guess I can keep hoping for a blue/grey suit and a sports car batmobile too. A hovercar batmobile like in Batman Beyond would be coolbeans instead though... that would solve both a desire for a sporty car look and give Bats a batplane that doesn't look like a bug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.