Lucas1138

Little remembered thing about DKR... Superman lets up when he sees Bruce is essentially trying to commit suicide. So the whole Batman kicks Superman's spa sexed ass is a little eggs rated thanks to nostalgia.

Hahaha, I like your version much more! :)

That´s what Bruce wants him to believe though, so Batman can be officially dead and the big boy scout put down a notch. Granted, it took an exoskeleton, kryptonite and a disgruntled Ollie Queen to get that far. Not to mention that Superman figured it out at the funeral... but anyway!

In all honesty, the Superman-Batman pairing has never really worked in the comics with that one exception where the dynamic was used to enhance the story, not just make an excuseto have two poluar characters at once. But with "Man of steel" exceeding my expectations (low as they were), I hope this might be the second exception.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not, no.

But I mean even basically since Dark Knight Rises whenever someone gets brought up as the next Batman I generally have a reaction. Either good or bad. Especially in the past couple months. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would surprise me, this surprises me.

The Human Torch is Captain America, Green Lantern is Deadpool, now Daredevil is Batman?! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER

I don't hate this. He certainly never came to mind, and I spent a whole lot of time hating on the guy for making some bad films-- but he's grown into a great actor and a great director. He's not very cut at the moment, but he's bulked up and gotten ripped Hugh Jackman style for other films. While he wouldn't be my first pick, I actually think he'll do better than anyone else whose been in the role-- Bale included.

I'm all for a different take on Batman-- a slightly older, more seasoned Bats is fine by me. And how about a BLUE batsuit? Or at least something different. There wasn't much difference between Bale's costumes and Keaton's. I've over fetish latex batman.

I'm kinda getting tired of the 'well what about Heath Ledger Joker casting?' thing. It was an anomaly. I know it's nice to reserve judgement, or to be able to say "I told you so" if something exceeds expectations... but I think it's pretty clear what kind of performance we're going to get from him; a middle of the road Kilmer or Clooney style Batman.

I just don't believe that it's very hard to play Bruce Wayne. You need to be able to be scowl'y and show people that you're tormented after the loss of your parents. You need to be believable as a playboy billionaire. To play Batman you need to be able to punch things. Not a groundbreaking formula that requires Oscar pedigree.

****ing Nolan fanboys are RUINING MY NIGHT.

Was Bale good as Wayne/Batman? Sure. Was he somehow transcendent in the role? Heavens no. I don't think those movies would have suffered at all if "Generic Decent Actor X" played Bruce Wayne instead. Like Tank said, I think Affleck has turned himself into a fine actor, and as a result we'll get a fine performance.

It all hinges on things that are largely out of Affleck's control anyway. Back to our discussion in the Star Wars thread- you could have put the best actor on the planet in Hayden Christensen's shoes and the movie wouldn't have been vastly improved (well in some of our eyes anyway lol). If it's a ****ty script, that will probably translate into Affleck being a ****ty Batman. If it's a really good script he'll be a fine Batman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.