NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

Dirk getting hacked any time he got in the paint and not getting calls, while Wade got too many calls in his favor. The refs made an example of Mark Cuban when he made a big deal out of the officiating and who was chosen to referee that series. It's the very reason why Cuban pretty much said nothing during the 2011 finals.

Cuban supposedly talked to a former FBI agent about investigating the whole thing, but denied the whole thing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140519-report-officiating-in-2006-nba-finals-drove-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-to-consult-with-former-fbi-agent-consider-lawsuit.ece

And here's one phantom foul that set up the win for Miami in game 5. This was also the event where a back-court violation wasn't called against Wade, before drawing the foul.

And did you know that the Mavs record when Crawford was involved in their games was totally lopsided in favor of the competition. Crawford just so happened to be involved in that series.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4664280/donaghy-confirms-anti-cuban-bias

That was a Mavericks team that had swept the Heat (the last meeting was a 112-76 blowout) during the regular season and may very well have swept them in the Finals, if not for a sudden turn around in the way those games were being called. The following year the Mavs went on to sweep the Heat again during the regular season and posted the best record in the NBA, before having a meltdown against Golden State in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Dirk getting hacked any time he got in the paint and not getting calls, while Wade got too many calls in his favor. The refs made an example of Mark Cuban when he made a big deal out of the officiating and who was chosen to referee that series. It's the very reason why Cuban pretty much said nothing during the 2011 finals.

Cuban supposedly talked to a former FBI agent about investigating the whole thing, but denied the whole thing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20140519-report-officiating-in-2006-nba-finals-drove-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-to-consult-with-former-fbi-agent-consider-lawsuit.ece

And here's one phantom foul that set up the win for Miami in game 5. This was also the event where a back-court violation wasn't called against Wade, before drawing the foul.

And did you know that the Mavs record when Crawford was involved in their games was totally lopsided in favor of the competition. Crawford just so happened to be involved in that series.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4664280/donaghy-confirms-anti-cuban-bias

That was a Mavericks team that had swept the Heat (the last meeting was a 112-76 blowout) during the regular season and may very well have swept them in the Finals, if not for a sudden turn around in the way those games were being called. The following year the Mavs went on to sweep the Heat again during the regular season and posted the best record in the NBA, before having a meltdown against Golden State in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I'll agree with one thing. The Mavs had the Heat's number going into those Finals. Hell we couldn't beat them when Rolando Blackman's career was winding down. But the Cuban conspiracy theories, Phil Jackson comments et all aside, one thing gets missed. The Mavs were set to go up 3-0 when the chocked away a 13 point lead in the last few minutes of game 3. (Not unlike how the Heat choked away game 2 in'11) Wades free throws aside doesn't excuse not to finding a way to stop Wade from driving the lane at will, Josh Howard beginning the downfall of his career in the last few games, Dirk not being able to stop Haslem from getting him off his spot, Eric Dampier getting all Lance and thinking he was better than Shaq, and "The Jet 2.0" from finishing construction on AA Center with all the bricks he laid in game 6. Should I mention a missed free throw by a 90% free throw shooter?

If it makes you feel better believing in the anti Cuban theories then go right ahead. But it was 8 years ago. At some point you have to come to the realization that the Mavs didn't capitalize on the chances they had. The Heat did.

I got over Miami - Ohio State quickly. Try it. You'll feel much better.

I'll agree with one thing. The Mavs had the Heat's number going into those Finals. Hell we couldn't beat them when Rolando Blackman's career was winding down. But the Cuban conspiracy theories, Phil Jackson comments et all aside, one thing gets missed. The Mavs were set to go up 3-0 when the chocked away a 13 point lead in the last few minutes of game 3. (Not unlike how the Heat choked away game 2 in'11) Wades free throws aside doesn't excuse not to finding a way to stop Wade from driving the lane at will, Josh Howard beginning the downfall of his career in the last few games, Dirk not being able to stop Haslem from getting him off his spot, Eric Dampier getting all Lance and thinking he was better than Shaq, and "The Jet 2.0" from finishing construction on AA Center with all the bricks he laid in game 6. Should I mention a missed free throw by a 90% free throw shooter?

If it makes you feel better believing in the anti Cuban theories then go right ahead. But it was 8 years ago. At some point you have to come to the realization that the Mavs didn't capitalize on the chances they had. The Heat did.

-------------

Wade was driving the lane at will, because he was getting the calls anytime the Mavs tried to defend him. When the refs aren't calling the game right, players start to react on the court and change the way they play. The Mavs were killing the Heat in the 1st half of game 3 and then all of the sudden they could only score 8 points in the 3rd. The Miami defense certainly wasn't good enough to hold the Mavs to just 8 points, without a little help.

Maybe you don't recall all of the backlash from the media and members of the league from the outcome of that series, but a lot of fingers were pointed at Stern and the refs for quite some time after that series. And all of that came back up in 2008-2009.

Stern made amends in the 2011 playoffs. The Mavs were serious underdogs heading into the playoffs, managed to get to the Finals and watch Lebron James totally disappear in that matchup. The league is in a better place without the iron rule of Stern having control of everything.

Oh I don't think anything is rigged. At all. But the Mavs got hosed, badly.

I too am rooting for the Heat/Lebron to continue his march on becoming (one of) the best player(s) in NBA history.

On the flip side though, there are way way way worse things than Duncan/Pop getting another championship.

I'll root for the Spurs, just because they aren't the Heat. They certainly look like the best team In the league, though Miami pretty much mowed down the weaker Eastern Conference competition throughout the playoffs. I like LeBron, but I don't really like the company he keeps.

I live in SA. So I root for my team. I do believe that the Spurs don't get half the credit they deserve because of the marketing machine that happens for players like LeBron while Tim Duncan and Parker and Ginobili are quiet here in the states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.