NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

THAT Paul George is what you call home cooking. And I'm not even talking about the game in general. I'm talking specifically about the fouls on LeBron. 2 of those five were actually fouls. The forth was a foul on Bosh as LeBron never touched Hibbert. This is why I don't get why you have multiple crews for these series in the conference and nba finals. All that said we had a shot to win the game and didnt. On to game 6.

I'm not going there with the refs because overall it was a typically unevenly called game. The calls on LeBron just mystifies me. It's because of the 5 fouls that LeBron couldn't up on George the final couple of minutes. That said, Bosh his the three and we have until next Thursday off. Just need to end it Friday.

NBA officiating is so farcical.

I almost left at half-time tonight. I was utterly disgusted. Lebron plays 10 in the first half, you're down 9, thanks to getting outscored 26-11 in the 2nd by the likes of Rashard Lewis, Norris Cole, Ray Allen, and Shane Battier. Gimme a frikkin break. I really considered leaving.

And yeah you can look at it like how often is Lebron going to give you 7 points (not often) and Indiana only wins by 3, but on the other hand you also got 18 points from Rashard Lewis(' corpse) in 2014.

I dont get into the officiating because it usually evens itself out. And for the most part it did. But to put Lebron on the bench for half the game? The offensive foul I can almost forgive because I'm real speed its a tough call, but PG was still moving into Lebron when the call was made. But Lebron never touched Hibbert on that fourth foul. I was sure it was on Bosh.

That being said the turnovers were the real reason the Heat lost. I counted 5 lazy passes that the Pacers got a dunk or layup. Green said Vogel called them TD plays. Exactly.

I'm also pissed because my wife is having a girls getaway with her friends and I was going to go out Friday night with my friends since I don't work Saturday. Not anymore!

As for Rashard Lewis he has actually been productive when he's played this year. He just went long stretches being out of the rotation. I give Spo credit for riding a feeling and keeping him in there in crunch time.

Yeah I rarely get into officiating because it does even itself out, especially over the course of an 82 game season or 7 game series, but man is it bad sometimes. The other reason I rarely get into it is because officials are (almost) never responsible for a team losing. PG's comments after game 3 or 4 pissed me off. If we got "screwed" it was in game 2 when they called a foul on Hill and then no call on Cole's strip of Hill, not in Miami - but even then our offense got stagnant and we turned the ball over. The officials didn't lose that game.

I'll preface this by saying I thought the replay on the Battier-George play wasn't clear enough to overturn the call and give Miami the ball. As much as I wanted the call, it's like football and you resign yourself to the fact that there isn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

Now apparently last night the refs turned off their mics and were overheard at the scorers table saying that Battier committed a foul on the oktay so they were going to award the ball to Indiana. If that if true, that would make the third time these playoffs the refs have done this. If you're going to that then you might add well get rid of replay. I seriously hope that want true. Mainly because the play itself was inconclusive. You didn't have to hide behind that excuse.

I'll preface this by saying I thought the replay on the Battier-George play wasn't clear enough to overturn the call and give Miami the ball. As much as I wanted the call, it's like football and you resign yourself to the fact that there isn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

Also the fact that the call wasn't that close.

Yeah I rarely get into officiating because it does even itself out, especially over the course of an 82 game season or 7 game series, but man is it bad sometimes. The other reason I rarely get into it is because officials are (almost) never responsible for a team losing. PG's comments after game 3 or 4 pissed me off. If we got "screwed" it was in game 2 when they called a foul on Hill and then no call on Cole's strip of Hill, not in Miami - but even then our offense got stagnant and we turned the ball over. The officials didn't lose that game.

The Mavs got hosed in the 2006 finals. There was no even itself out in that series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.