NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

I just can't wait for the multitude of morons that will come out of the woodwork with "HAR HAR LEBRON COULDN'T PLAY THRU CRAMPS HERE'S A DRESS YOU SUCK HAHA JORDAN FLU GAME UR A SISSY"

Yep. Kind of hate that this happened. If you can't walk you can't walk, it's as simple as that, and no amount of "manliness" is gonna bring you back on your feet.

That's the thing that apparently (thousands of) people don't realize, when your calf or whatever is cramping you literally can't move. Your only options are to ride it out and then treat it gingerly and hope it doesn't come back. All these people ripping Bron on twitter and I'm just like "hello, have you never woken up screaming in the middle of the night from a calf cramp before?"

Shame we're already taking the story from the Spurs (not that the Spurs mind, I'm sure). That's a freaking great basketball team that may well have found a way to win that game anyway. I hope we get 6 more games like this one was for 42 minutes.

what i like about this is that it was equal. Both teams had to play in the same conditions. One just managed to keep their team more hydrated than the other. But what a great way to start. There were turn overs galore from both teams.

I passed the Heat's team bus on the way to their hotel tonight on my way home. I thought that was pretty cool.

Oh I figured that lol.

Living in Tampa though it's pretty weird listening to sports radio. You don't talk basketball all year long and you wonder why fans call up your shows telling you that you know nothing about basketball and you say they're just mad because they picked the Spurs. No they're saying that because your "analysis" of the series reads like something ripped from ESPN articles. Other than nationally televised games(which the Heat played the max) I had to get the NBA ticket to watch the rest because we are zoned for Magic Basketball. And if I've only watched 2 full Spurs games this year then I know they haven't watched any. I guess you need something to fill airtime with the Rays sucking out load right now.

Shame we're already taking the story from the Spurs (not that the Spurs mind, I'm sure). That's a freaking great basketball team that may well have found a way to win that game anyway

what i like about this is that it was equal. Both teams had to play in the same conditions. One just managed to keep their team more hydrated than the other. But what a great way to start. There were turn overs galore from both teams.

Glad to see this mentality here @ Nightly. Social media is...(shudders)...an awful place, right now. I follow lots of websites on Facebook. It's an easy way to collect subject matter of my choosing and pool all the contributions to their websites that they share on their respective Facebook feeds. But my God - there are some idiots out there on Facebook, and the cries of air conditioning conspiracy are just...well, lol. To suggest that SA was in any better position to withstand playing in those conditions than MIA baffles me. And to not recognize how good of a job SA did weathering the Miami run? Come on. I know I had questions about the handling of the shot clock and some of the calls in the POR/HOU series. But to suggest 1) somebody did something that hurt both teams just with the outside shot that it might hurt the visiting team just a little bit more, or 2) that the air conditioning somehow only affected Miami? Ugh.

You can really tell watching a few players from both teams how having depth throughout the season and being able to rest certain stars that aren't so young anymore can really pay off. Met you and I have argued back and forth about Wade still having it or not still having it. Clearly if he has adequate rest, he still has it. So does Manu.

I really hope the refs just let these guys play for the rest of the series.

Met you and I have argued back and forth about Wade still having it or not still having it. Clearly if he has adequate rest, he still has it.

Thing thing with Wade is that he has had multiple nagging injuries that has slowed him down. Especially since his game relies on his explosiveness. This year, and don't know how the press missed this, his surgeon said he could recover one of two ways. Sit out until the middle of January, or play sparingly throughout the season and he would be fine. That was in the Miami Herald back in October! Wade's ultimate problems stems from him not being consistent from the outside. In the fourth quarter he can be phased out if he isn't initiating the offense himself.

Admittedly I have been a lot more critical of Wade in the last several years because 1) I feel he flops a lot, and complains a lot to the refs about calls not going his way - this is something I absolutely HATED about MJ too. Don't sit there and talk to the refs during every dead ball for the next five minutes about why you got called for a foul down. 2) Big fan of Dirk, and I hated the mocking of him being sick in the finals. I felt that was above Wade, and I expected more from him. That incident kind of opened my eyes to the aforementioned problem I have with his complaining.

That said, he's still got it sometimes. Clearly not like he did with Shaq and their title run, but he can still play...sometimes. Great point about his outside game. He's kind of useless when defense clamps down because of that, and slightly above average defenders don't allow him to create anything off the dribble either.

Wade has the best post game of any guard in the league. He's an okay midrange player at this point (and terrible from outside), but he still feasts on the block. He's actually aged pretty well, but he's coming from such a high level it seems worse than it is.

I hear you on the Wade complaining thing. Drives me up the wall to see him complaining and not getting back on defense. Part of that I think I'd because he still feels he is one of the top players in the league and should get more calls than he does. He shouldn't feel too bad. Lebron gets hammered on a regular basis and doesn't get all of the calls that he should.

I'm glad I was at work. I'm pissed off, but watching that would have pissed me off. I'm watching my phone for the last couple of minutes in the first quarter and I keep thinking "they've only missed two shots?!?" I don't care how hot you are, that's bad defense. That they were able to cut it to 7 in the 3rd only pisses me off more. I don't think our shooting percentage ever dropped below 50%. Way to waste an opportunity.

The Spurs will make you pay if you don't keep pressure on them. It's crazy to think that this team has won so many titles with great defense, yet this season it is all about making a team pay for not having a pressure defense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.