NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

I missed everything over the weekend, unfortunately. I did want to see the game and I usually watch the various side events on Friday & Saturday, though it seems they changed some of those for the worse. The slam dunk contest has been painful to watch for years now, of course.

The trade deadline came and went with the usual lack of action. The biggest move seems to be one that must make Lucas happy, as Indy's bench got stronger with the exchange of Danny Granger for Evan Turner. As for my team, I was kind of hoping the Suns could turn Okafor's expiring contract & low cost into something useful, but I was hoping even more for them to not make a trade just for the sake of it and ruin the current chemistry and/or squander the assets we have. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that they stood pat.

There were Rondo to Houston rumors. Not just ESPN columnists wish list selections, but actual talks. Seemed dead at first because Boston wanted Parsons and Houston said no. Then a local rumor suggested Asik/Lin for Rondo, which either a trade exception or a draft pick mixed in there somewhere. But alas, no deal. Talk radio contends that while the trade isn't necessary for Houston to contend for a title right now, they may re-explore this idea in the summer with a different approach. So they may be patient like they were with Howard, let the world naysay the notion of it happening, then score the payoff by persisting.

Yeah, I was hearing that trade talk too, Ex. I kind of agreed with Tim Legler, who thought it would have been worth giving up Parsons. It's not as if he's their only shooter, especially when Harden would have been playing off the ball more. Rondo's mental state is always a concern, but they took a bigger risk with Howard and I think Rondo would have been happy to be on a winning team once again. That nucleus would have potentially been a lethal trio for them and made them an elite team (if not this year, then next).

• 2 weeks later...

The Knicks don't need to pay Phil Jackson 15 mil a year to do this job. I'll do it for half that. All you gotta do is let every contract expire, while trying to deal a couple off for picks, but if you can't then no big deal, just let them expire.

So let Melo leave, play with garbage next year, get lots of ping pong balls for the 2015 draft. Then after next year have a high lottery pick and tons of cap space.

That's it, thats all you have to do.

• 3 weeks later...

As bad as the Heat played last month the way the Pacers have been playing is really head turning. The Heat can blame the way they've played on a malaise that set in a while back. They only played defense when they got down in games because they were lettnng teams shot 60% + in the first half of games. The effort has been there as of late, but a lot of the bad tendencies that set in haven't gone away yet. Lebron and Wade(when he plays) turn the ball over at such a high clip this year. The Pacers on the other hand seem to be tearing at the seams. I kind of brushed off their play in the second half as sort of a regression to the means. But after they beat the Heat(a game the Heat should have won if Lebron and Wade didn't turn it over 8 times in the 4th quarter) they have let a 3 game lead evaporate like an NL West team in September. They're fighting with each other, they can't score to save their lives(okay that's nothing new), and Frank Vogel seems to be losing his patience with his players. Are they experienced enough to get things going in the playoffs?

The Big German passes Oscar Robinson to take the 10th overall spot for the highest scoring player in NBA history!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/10752828/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-supplants-oscar-robertson-scoring-list-10th

"It's definitely surreal, passing the Big O and only nine guys ever in this league scored more than me," said Nowitzki, who has averaged 22.5 points per game and made 12 All-Star appearances during his career. "That's crazy to think. From where I came from, a little dump in Wurzburg, Germany, it's been an amazing ride. Hopefully I can have a couple more good years and see where I end up."

Go Dirk!

I won't lie. I am worried about the Heat. Not so much that I don't believe they can win it all, its that they picked up a lot of bad habits half assing it through the season. That they can eliminate all of those habits is tough for me to believe. Turnovers, just jacking up 3s, playing an olé brand of D for a quarter or two......

I still feel a three peat is possible, I'm just not going to pound my chest until the trophy is raised.

Well a 3PA has a better EV than almost any 2pt shot, so there's nothing wrong with that in the right situation.

Last night on the possession you're talking about Durant couldn't shake Allen so he actually waved Westbrook on giving him the go-ahead to shoot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.