NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

It's because winning all 3 road games for the team without home court advantage was very hard. In a 2-2-1-1-1 series the "formula" for the away team is to get a split in the first 2 on the road, then win games 3, 4, 6 at home. While in a 2-3-2 it's harder to win 3 straight games at home, at least in theory. So you basically in most cases need a split of the first 2, 2 of 3 of the middle 3 and then another split on the road.

I don't know if any research has been done to see if this is true, but it seems right to me. I can remember alot of series where the road team wins all 3 of their home games in the 2-2-1-1-1, steals one on the road and wins the series (Knicks-Pacers last year followed this formula). While I think in the 2-3-2 it's only happened once where the team has won all 3 of the middle games at home, the Heat doing it to OKC I believe was the first time it happened.

Bought an 11 game ticket package for the Pacers today for $140 bucks. The games are:

Orlando Magic

Miami Heat

Boston Celtics

Cleveland Cavaliers

LA Clippers

Brooklyn Nets

Dallas Mavericks

Golden State Warriors

Chicago Bulls

San Antonio Spurs

Oklahoma City Thunder

That's a pretty sick deal if you ask me.

Pacers and Heat both had games that ended up closer than what they actually were.

Roy Hibbert scared the crap out of us. He went down awkwardly with a non-contact injury when his knee buckled. It looked like a hyper-extension at worst, and ACL/MCL tears at best. I was legitimately distraught for 10 minutes before one of the Pacers beat reporters tweeted that Roy was okay, could return but wouldn't, and would play tomorrow night against New Orleans.

It's a great thing to take home from the game though. I'd rather a t-shirt than a program. However, I do agree with Choc that I like that they are not wearing them. It actually distracts me from the game as I can tune out background when it's a jumble of color and such but when it is a wall of one colored shirts...

Shumpert looks great and he is the key to the team. He has the talent to become an All Star who averaged in the mid to upper teens scoring, grab boards and play world class defense. The issue is a glut of guys at the positions he plays. I hope having JR and MWP on the team doesn't hold Shumpert back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.