NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

And to think, Philly was so excited when they made that trade. (Of course, so were the Lakers!)

The Sixers gave up the face of their franchise & best player (Iguodala), their last two 1st round picks (Nikola Vucevic and Moe Harkless), and a future 1st round pick and got back...well, not a whole hell of a lot! Not only did Bynum not play a single game for Philly, as part of that trade they were also happy to receive Jason Richardson, who immediately became their starting SG - and he played in just 33 games before wrecking his knee and eventually undergoing surgery that will also cost him most of this season, as well (and he can opt out next year, to boot).

Cleveland's acquisition of Bynum is just a tad safer: only half of his (possible) $12M is guaranteed and they have a team option for next year. If Bynum's health or mental state aren't up to snuff, it'll just cost the Cavs $6M this year and they can move on. That sounds like a much easier risk to live with than Philly's was.

So, the paparazzi pissed off Lamar Odom. A guy came over to his car and started accusing him of cheating on his wife and wouldn't let it go. So, eventually, Lamar got out of his car and "talked" to him. He also started throwing crap out of the guy's car, including some equipment...

http://i.imgur.com/xelxXjt.jpg?1

...which he then used to beat the crap out of another photographer's car.

http://i.imgur.com/LKP4fgI.jpg?1?7997

The tail end of all of this is caught on video. Watch until the very end, because the last 30 seconds made me a bigger Odom fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ra4xIzJ8I

:lol:

Wow. Hey, douche bucket! Remember when you were the "face of the franchise" in Orlando and you whined about needing help?

Not sure I believe this. I mean really, ask the Lakers to amnesty Bryant? It's hard to believe. Too many ESPN NBA correspondents jumping on the anti-Howard bandwagon. Yeah he has said some stupid stuff in the past, but...this? Or was it his "camp?" Sounds like they're trying to crank up the hype machine to blow this "rivalry" up before it even begins.

When I first heard about this I thought the same thing. Someone is probably blowing this story out of proportion if not just completely making it up to stir up more anti-Howard sentiment. But then I read the full article and realized there could be some truth to it. Howard and Chris Paul probably did have aspirations of playing together. And there's a good chance that Howard saw a way to make that happen with the Lakers if they followed his plan outlined in that story. In this day and age of players making pacts and behind-the-scenes plans of playing on the same team, it's not far-fetched to think Howard tried to get the Lakers to buy in to making this happen. Shoot, some people might even argue that if it looked like a real possibility, the Lakers should have done that. Shed the old contracts and say goodbye to the past and embrace Howard and CP3 as the future.

I don't doubt Howard and Paul discussed something, Howards camp caught wind of it, and may have tried to appease him by making this suggestion on his behalf. But I don't believe he was in any kind of an uproar of "amnesty him or I'm leaving." They would not have continued pursuing him if he hd acted that way about the face of their franchise. LA, as an organization, has more class than that.

Also...not believing there's anything wrong w/ Kirilenko taking less than he wanted from other teams to play in Brooklyn w/ his fellow Russian/new owner. IMO.

Media is going crazy w/ stories about the NBA right now, and apparently the owners are going a little crazy too.

I don't know if it's just me or what but it seems weird to see Houston have a pep rally for Howard with the whole "Legacy of Bigs" theme. The only center with any true success in Rockets history is Olajuwon. Malone, Olajuwon and Sampson got it handed to them by the Celtics when they made it to the Finals in the 80's and Ming never got Houston passed the 2nd round.

I have to say, I've really been enjoying the Summer League this past week. Maybe it's getting to see the Suns win for a change (3-0) or maybe it's because being in this bottomed-out state of rebuilding means that many of these guys in the Summer League will actually be playing quite a bit this coming season and their development means some hope for the future.

Too bad that Len couldn't play. Still, there have been some encouraging moments. The Morris brothers played very well the first two games (neither played much the third game) and after a decent start in the first game and struggling in the second, Archie Goodwin was awesome in this last game. Another real positive note has been the strong inside play of D-Leaguer Arinze Onuaku, who is averaging almost a double-double (8pts, 9.7reb) in just over 17 minutes a game. Kendall Marshall, though, has been up and down and is reportedly on the trading block. If they plan to keep Dragic, then I'd probably want Marshall to go, so that Goodwin can get the minutes at backup guard. I'm already much more sold on his potential than Marshall's.

I just really hope that sign Onuaku and fully commit to playing these players that they are supposedly developing. If they can get rid of guys like Beasley and Scola, great. If not, **** it - sit their asses on the bench and give the minutes to guys that may actually be here in the future. They need the experience to improve and we don't really want to win anyway, so what's the point of putting in the veterans just because they may be marginally better at the moment?

Apparently Houston is taking a look at Miller, along with Marcus Camby...who after being waived by Toronto, still wants to retire in his hometown.

I think they'd make great bench additions behind the young stars. Camby as a backup to Howard/Asik is an interesting idea (if healthy), and Miller spreading the defense wouldn't hurt either (if healthy).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.