NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

From Sam Amick:

If Metta World Peace, a Queensbridge, N.Y. native, is waived by the Los Angeles Lakers soon by way of their amnesty clause, he's hoping to return home to continue his career.

According to a person with knowledge of World Peace's situation, the list of teams that he would most like to play for starts with the New York Knicks and is followed in order by the Los Angeles Clippers, Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs and the Indiana Pacers.

He'll have to clear waivers first. But you'd have to imagine that teams that know they aren't a place Artest wants to play wouldn't bother with the trouble. Even at 33 he's still a versatile forward that can help a team out on the cheap (presuming he'll play on the cheap because he's making money from LA regardless of where he plays).

World Peace is a great fit for the Knicks, he can slide right into the small forward spot. MWP and Shumpert as the starting wing defenders is pretty damn good. Then a bench with Prigioni, Smith, Hardaway Jr, Stoudemire and Bargnani has a hell of a lot of fire power.

"Magic negotiating buyout with Hedo Turkoglu"

I clicked on this because I thought "Hey, the Pacers were at one point interested in him. He can play both forward positions. He could help the bench!" So I was glad when my thoughts were confirmed, but this article doesn't seem to think the Pacers have a roster spot for him. Money is a different issue, if my salary cap math is correct I think they've only got 3mil left before hitting the tax level, something they won't do.

PG: George Hill, CJ Watson, Donald Sloan

SG: Lance Stephenson, Orlando Johnson

SF: Paul George, Danny Granger, Chris Copeland, Gerald Green, Solomon Hill

PF: David West, Miles Plumlee

C: Roy Hibbert, Ian Mahinmi

That's 14, can add one more. Unless I'm forgetting someone. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Andrei Kirilenko is still somehow a free agent too. He's another one I hope a contender adds (from a "I want to see good basketball" standpoint, not so much a Pacers fan standpoint)

Well, if it were my team, I'd certainly be much more interested in AK47. He can still help a team in a number of areas (at least for 64 games). It really comes down to your specific needs, I suppose. I mean, if all you need is a guy to stand still and shoot open jumpers, then maybe Turkoglu is your guy, instead. Other than that and running a few pick & rolls, he doesn't bring much else to the table anymore (while actually being a liability in some other areas).

Neat-o factoid of the day: While it's true that he only played in 11 games last year, did you know that in those 11 games he had a PER of just 3.39? And from what my crack stats-analysis team tells me, that's...that's not very good. :hmm:

From what I've read, you're right. AK opted out of his deal, because he wanted a longer-term deal (3-4yrs) and the Wolves didn't want to give him more than 2yrs. The impression I've seen most is that the years are more important than high dollars (i.e. he's not necessarily looking for more than the $10M he would've made in MN and several sites seemed to think he could be had for something in the $7-8M range if he could get 3 years). He's probably going to be a quality starter/key bench player for most, if not all, of that time, so I can think of (and have seen) worse ways to spend $7M. :shrug:

Of note to Lohr and Rock, Chad Ford on the B.S. Report, regarding Tankapalooza and the Wiggins Sweepstakes:

"I think Philly... Philly and Phoenix are the two teams that have almost no hope of being good, no matter what they do at this point. And Orlando probably next."

Of note to Lohr and Rock, Chad Ford on the B.S. Report, regarding Tankapalooza and the Wiggins Sweepstakes:

"I think Philly... Philly and Phoenix are the two teams that have almost no hope of being good, no matter what they do at this point. And Orlando probably next."

Woohoo! Go, us!!! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/darthlohr/roll.gif

And just imagine our chances if we can trade Gortat and Scola! (And, if we're really, really lucky, Beasley.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.