NBA 2013 - 2014 Season

Ms. Spam

To start a new clean thread for the next year season - just for your Pacers fans, I'm looking at you Lucas:

Larry Bird is BACK!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9429736/larry-bird-eager-get-started-indiana-pacers-front-office

INDIANAPOLIS -- Larry Bird is bringing a new perspective to the Pacers.

After watching from afar as the team he rebuilt reached the Eastern Conference finals for the first time in nine years and came within one victory of dethroning NBA champion Miami, Bird thinks he has a pretty good idea what it will take to lead Indiana to its first league title.

"My dreams, my goals are set pretty high," he said after being reintroduced as the team's president of basketball operations Thursday. "I know how hard it is to win a championship. It's tough. But when you have guys who stick together, who play together, who share the basketball and care about one another, it's a hell of a start."

So, if Garnett waives his no-trade clause, here's what we get:

Nets get KG, Pierce, Terry

Celtics get Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Regies Evans, Kris Humphies, and...some other guy, and some draft picks.

Should be happening any minute now.

I don't know. KG, Pierce, Johnson, Williams, Terry, Lopez...man, that's a crazy compilation. A pretty above average player at each position. Barring chemistry issues, I wonder how they would fare against Miami.

Interesting to see what, if anything, happens with Rondo now.

Well its Rondo's team now. He doesn't even by a be Doc Rivers to come to blows with anymore. Is there a more bland and unlikable person to build your franchise around? Is there some one in free agency or trade they are targeting? I just don't see Rondo as the face of a franchise.

How high must the confidence of new Suns "veteran" (35 games played in two years) Malcolm Lee be? First, he's traded from the Timberwolves to Golden State - not because the Warriors liked him, but because Minnesota wanted to get rid of him and he was the price the Warriors had to pay to acquire the T-wolves 1st round pick in exchange for just a future 2nd and cash. Then, like a rotten hot potato, Golden State ditches him ASAP and makes the Suns take him in order to move up one spot.

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun, Malcolm. I wouldn't bother buying a house, though, if I were you. Besides, you should be saving as much of that guaranteed $884K salary of yours as possible...I have a feeling you may really need it a year or so from now.

Okay so Dwight Howard is expected to choose his team by mid-to-late week, and the Mavs are reportedly trying to trade for Rondo...which I don't think will work. All the Celtics are rumored to want in return are packages including Dirk.

If only Boston would accept Lin, Royce White, and Greg Smith for Rondo (because the money aspect would line up almost perfectly!).

I don't think that's correct, Ex (about the Celtics wanting Dirk in return). I haven't heard that anywhere. The obstacle to the trade is the fact that the Celtics are trying to dump salary. They'll take pennies on the dollar for Rondo, but they want to get rid of contracts. The problem is Dallas taking on those contracts while still maintaining the ability to give Dwight a max deal.

Houston's close as far as salary goes. They're working on getting rid of Robinson (without taking much/anything back) so they can offer a max deal.

Why would anyone give Howard a max deal? Have they paid any attention to this whiny, jerk of a player and how less athletic he is than a couple years ago? I realize that a team like Houston knows they wont win big unless they add another superstar, but Dwight is not that guy. Harden is still young enough to be patient and wait for the right guy to come along.

Where Amazing Overpaying People in Free Agency Happens.

I think Howard is a coach-killing cancer of a player. His petulant attitude is well documented. What I can't stand even more than his cry-baby-ness is how little it seems like he cares about being great. This is a guy that should be dominating the league.

If Houston was getting 2009 Dwight, they could be a much better version of the 2009 Orlando Magic, but I think Dwight's days as a truly dominant force are gone.

Well, he did just average 17 pts, 12 reb, 2 blk while recovering from back surgery, without chemistry, and without being the #1 option. There is potential, but yes - this is a big risk. I really like coach McHale. I really don't want Howard bitching when/if he shows up, but word is McHale and Olajuwon are ready to personally work with him on his game. Maybe that type of stroking of his ego will be a good thing.

And Lucas here's a bunch of the Rondo to Dallas rumors: http://www.google.com/m/search?q=rajon+rondo+to+dallas&client=ms-android-verizon&site=webhp&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=u4_QUf-CPIu09gTR3YGACg&ved=0CCgQqAI

Found these accidentally by looking to see if there were any Rondo/Houston rumors out there.

I don't think Dwight would be the top option in Houston either. At this point Harden is probably as good a player as Bryant and they are both guys who like to have the ball. Plus some of their secondary players don't really fit with Harden and Howard. You'd have 2 guys you hope can draw double teams, what you want is guys who can really shoot threes. Lin isn't a good shooter. They have a couple decent shooters but no one who shot 40% from three.

And Lucas here's a bunch of the Rondo to Dallas rumors: http://www.google.co...Cg&ved=0CCgQqAI

No I know there's a bunch of 'Rondo to Dallas' rumors, I just hadn't read anything about Dirk being involved- at all. He's very much part of the Mavericks plans. He's on the books for a huge salary this year, but is planning on re-signing for comparatively little next year as a FA to help keep the team contending until his retirement.

I would think that Dirk would be for a trade chip. Though it does make them competitive while still going young.

The Celtics don't want to be competitive next year.

Actually Choc, the Rockets led the league last season in 3 pt shots made per game (11.7), two more per game than 2nd place (GS @ 8.7 per) and also had the 5th highest percentage from 3 - trailing only the NBA Champions, Western Conference Champions, OKC, and GS. That's good enough for me. They have no problem getting 3's OR making them as it is. Fransisco Garcia, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverly, and Carlos Delfino all shot over 37% from 3. And when Howard has the ball, Harden can catch and shoot as well (36% for the season from 3, making 2 or 3 per game).

This one's for you, Lucas - site claiming Boston would want Dirk: http://www.chatsports.com/houston-rockets/a/Report-Celtics-and-Mavericks-have-talked-trade-for-Rajon-Rondo-NBC-Sports-1-8093598

This is apparently a quote from Marc Stein, which could just be ESPN speculating but who knows. However, a good argument is made for his expiring contract a year from now.

Actually Choc, the Rockets led the league last season in 3 pt shots made per game (11.7), two more per game than 2nd place (GS @ 8.7 per) and also had the 5th highest percentage from 3 - trailing only the NBA Champions, Western Conference Champions, OKC, and GS. That's good enough for me. They have no problem getting 3's OR making them as it is. Fransisco Garcia, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverly, and Carlos Delfino all shot over 37% from 3. And when Howard has the ball, Harden can catch and shoot as well (36% for the season from 3, making 2 or 3 per game).

This just isn't true, although its close. The Knicks led the NBA in made threes with 891 or 10.9 per game. The Rockets made 867 or 10.5 per game. In third was the Heat with 717 or 8.7 per game. Golden State was actually way down at 8th with 8.0 per game. Where did you get those numbers from?

Actually, you don't even need to answer that. You looked on ESPN.com,but what you didn't realize was that the stats they gave you were playoff stats. The fact that they only listed 16 teams should have been your 1st clue.

Hard not to like the possible Bargani deal for the Knicks. Camby was a total non contributor last year and looked done and Novak is so one dimensional and was basically out of the rotation by the postseason.

Bargnani obviously never lived up to his draft status and had a bad injury filled year this year but it wasn't long ago he was scoring 20 a game.

Whats interesting is the balance of the roster now. The Knicks have made it clear they want to keep Melo playing power forward. So you'd expect him at the 4 and Chandler at the 5. Then they'd have Bargnani and Amare potentially on the bench. Obviously Melo can play some minutes at the three, but the team did play better with Anthony playing power forward.

A 2nd unit with Bargnani and Amare at the 4 and 5 would be pretty hard for opposing second units to deal with, although it would be a terrible defensive and rebounding front court for the Knicks.

Met, I think they amnesties Chauncey Billups.

I read that the deal didn't get approval from the league office tonight so they're going to have to restructure it to make it work with the 13-14 cap.

The Rockets were able to trade Thomas Robinson today so they will have the money to offer a max deal to Dwight, which they will do here in a couple hours.

Met, I think they amnesties Chauncey Billups.

I read that the deal didn't get approval from the league office tonight so they're going to have to restructure it to make it work with the 13-14 cap.

The Rockets were able to trade Thomas Robinson today so they will have the money to offer a max deal to Dwight, which they will do here in a couple hours.

Knicks need to throw in a min salary guy. And they did use it on Billups, the amnesty that is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.